Author Topic: happy pills with CK?  (Read 2414 times)

sher

happy pills with CK?
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:55:55 pm »
How many of you had happy pills with CK? My doc says he doesn't think I need them
Sher :o
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

DebbieL

Re: happy pills with CK?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:48:06 pm »
I told my doctor that I thought I needed them right after the mask was put on.  It was very tight and I could barely swallow.He suggested they remove one of the sheets of bubble wrap that they put under your head.  After they did that, it was much better so I was able to go all three days without any pills.  I took a cd to listen to and concentrated on happy things to keep my mind occupied.  Good luck.  I'll be thinking of you during your treatment.

Mark

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:19:31 am »
Happy Pills? never had them as part of treatment. I was just happy that I didn't go through surgery

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:57:19 am »
sher, I had the "happy pills" (Ativan) on the first couple of days (I had 5 days of treatment).  Anxiety going into any form of medical treatment can sometimes be rough, so I didn't dispute taking it....  For me, it helped to "curb the edge" and glad they offered it to me (I took 1 hr before treatment). After the first couple of days... and honestly... seeing how easy CK is... I didn't need it the rest of the time. I slept through my treatments. :)

Suggestion... try one the first day to help curb the edge (if offered)... after that, you'll know if you want them the rest of the time or not. My bet is that you won't.

Cheering you on!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jb

• My MRI sequence:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:06:13 am »
I took Ativan my first day only (5 days of treatment).  I'd only taken it about 10 minutes before my treatment started, so it wasn't really very helpful.  But it turned out not to be a big deal anyway.  I'd suggest that if you do take a "happy pill", try to get it 30 mins to an hour before treatment so it can kick in before you get on the table.

Good luck,
JB
2 cm right-side AN, diagnosed July 2006
Cyberknife at Georgetown Univ. Hospital, Aug 2007
Swelled to 2.5 cm and darkened thru center on latest MRI's, Dec 2007 and Mar 2008
Shrinking! back to 2 cm, Aug 2008
Still shrinking (a little), I think about 1.7 cm now, Aug 2009

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 03:12:36 pm »
I could use a "happy pill" right now. ;D
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012