Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Cognitive/Emotional issues during an AN journey

(1/8) > >>

ppearl214:
Hi all,

tickled this  forum showed up. We know that there is so much we endure emotionally and cognitively during this journey that we didn't sign up to ride..... have been many threads across the forums recently regarding cognitive (ie: memory issues, handwriting, etc)... as well as depression, mood swings, rants, etc.

Welcome to this new "home" to share these issues.... many docs (in my discussions with them) are beginning to recognize these issues post-treatment (and leading into treatments as well).... the ANA noted it as well in their recent "Notes" newsletter as well at last year's symposium (from what I hear). I'm tickled that this is now recognized as a major factor during this time for us.

Post on!
Phyl

Brendalu:
Yeah!!!  Doctors who finally listened!!  Mine aren't or don't, except my PCP and she is up to date on everything (thank God for Docs like her).  Now id we could get family to listen or at the very least try to understand we might win the ball game.
Thanks, Phyl!

Brenda

LADavid:
Great addition, Phyl!  Cognitive issues have been one of the things that have affected me most post-surgery and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to acknowledge it.  Here's a link that I came across on the subject.  I don't know where I stumbled across it - it may have been on the Forum.
http://www.dinagoldin.com/anarchive/cognitive.htm

David

ppearl214:
well, me thinks this particular forum will be extremely active... glad the ANA approved it to be added.

David, I know of the link.... interesting/good reads.... for me, as well as learning patient perspectives about it, I'd like to see the dr's perspective on it. We know the ANA recognizes the issues and is addressing it (ie: synposium, "Notes", etc)...... but, how do we get the physician's to recognize it clearly?  I know of write ups noting the depression, mood swings, many cognitive (ie: memory) and such.... I'd like to see more research, from an AN perspective (as most studies are all-inclusive to brain tumors overall, regardless if benign or malignant). 

Just my 2 cents....

Looking forward to you all sharing here.

Phyl

LADavid:
Cheri
I'll fill you in on my personal experience pre and post-op when I see you next week.  They were two separate experiences.

You're almost there!  And the weather will be great here for your arrival.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version