General Category > AN Issues

My incision is still leaking

<< < (2/8) > >>

lori67:
Wendy -  aren't you empty yet????

I guess your brain is just SOOOO big that it needs more room!   ;D

I hope this stops soon!  I can't imagine how frustrating it must be!

Lori

Melissa778:
I too had a bit of "leaky head".   My doc called it "seepage"....never any infection, never CSF....just a few spots on/near the incision that would occassionally leak fluid.  I had translab in May, and once my incision COMPLETELY healed in early-Mid July is when the "seepage" finally stopped.  I occassioanlly would put a smalll band-aid over the area....because I got very tired of ick-hair and crusty pillow..... :)  But it did go away and everything was fine......just took some time to heal.  Best of luck. :) :)

Melissa

Jim Scott:
Wendy:

Like so many others who've posted before me, I'm very sorry to learn about this frustratingly persistent incision leakage.  I trust this will cease soon and, if not, a call to your doctor will end up with you receiving sutures or at least some sort of explanation, perhaps some topical relief and eventually, an end to this exasperating problem.  I look forward to reading about this leakage problem being relieved.  If yelling at the incision helps, you have lots of willing volunteers here.  ;)

Jim

wendysig:
 Hi all,
I decided to e-mail Dr. Choe after I wrote my post this morning.   He always get back to me quickly (within 6 hours or so) but I went out since I didn't expect an immediate answer.  He actually sent me an e-mail suggesting I come in to see him, but since I just got  home a little while ago (I decided to spend the day with a friend) I got his message too late.  I sent him another e-mail saying that I would come in tomorrow if I'm still leaking and he thinks I should.  I'm hoping this won't be necessary, but think it probably will.   I'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. 

K - I'd take you up on your offer but I've already tried yelling at my incision -- it doesn't listen, but thanks anyway.  As for being "Queen for a Day"  I would gladly give up my throne, I've already been queen way too long.

Jan - When I last saw Dr. Choe he told me to keep him updated on how things were going regarding the leak until my next visit.  He had said that if it was still leaking then it would be time to intervene and put in a couple of sutures, but thought it best to let it run its course until then.  He seems to have now changed his mind but I'll see what things look like tomorrow.

Tammy - I'd love to abdicate my claim to the throne but my my leaky incision won't let me.  Venting always helps and I also had a nice day with my friend -- that always helps too.

Lori - I guess I that must be it -- I have an extra big brain and it needed more room!  There's a reason for everything I guess. 

Melissa - Sorry to hear you went through this too.  I know the drainage is not dangerous in itself, just serous fluid but this has gone on for a long time. My incision has done more than just drip thoug -- it actually leaks quite a bit.  The fact that it almost stops leaking and then starts again is very frustrating

Thank all of you for letting me vent my frustration and for your comforting words.  I know this is not the end of the world but sometimes you just have to let the frustration out.

Wendy

MAlegant:
Hi Wendy,
Crap, that just sucks.  I'm sorry and even though you know it will stop eventually, that is no comfort now.  Hang in.
Marci

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version