Author Topic: for those in the Houston Texas Metro area  (Read 1931 times)

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
for those in the Houston Texas Metro area
« on: May 14, 2008, 06:04:01 am »
 Houston , Texas
 ANA Local Support Group

When:
Saturday, May 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Where:
Sugar Land Rehabilitation Hospital
Dining Room

1325 Highway 6

Sugar Land , TX   77478

(281) 276-7574

Topic:
We are happy to announce the re-organization
of the Houston Local Group.
Please come to meet other ANA members for caring & sharing.

To RSVP or for more information: Please contact the poster by email or private message.
[Personal contact information removed by moderator per policy, for Internet safety reasons.]

Patients, family and interested parties are welcome.

Please join us for information, support, education and networking!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:58:04 am by sgerrard »
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

rsteph

Re: for those in the Houston Texas Metro area
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:10:18 pm »
Does anyone know anything about UT Southwestern Dallas and Dr. Mickey? I was just diagnosed on Friday and they want to do surgery w/ radiation post op.  ?
3.7 cm AN Translab Aug 08' 100 percent removal UT Southwestern - CSF leak, Bacterial Meningitus. Rt side Facial Paralysis.  Partial facial movement returned 11 months post op.  Still healing

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 06:29:16 pm »
I did a search for you and found this link about Dr. Mickey http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3500.msg37627#msg37627

The post is almost a year old and the person who posted it hasn't been on the forum for a while, but you might be able to get a response from her by sending her an email.  Her email address is shown in her profile.

There are also several members of this forum who reside in Texas - Kaybo, boppie and cherrypiper come to mind, and I know there are others.  They might be able to tell you something about Dr. Mickey.  If they don't respond to this post, you can always PM them.  If you are unsure about how to do this, let me know and I can help you.

Good luck,

Jan

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:31:13 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 10:08:48 pm »
rsteph -

thought I'd add a little to my earlier response.

You say you were just diagnosed on Friday and that they are proposing "surgery w / radiation post op ?"  From the question mark, I'm not sure if you are wondering if you heard the suggestion correctly, or if you are wondering if this is the "right" treatment for your AN.  Generally when the suggested treatment is surgery followed by radiation the size of the AN is fairly large.  Although some docs just use surgery for larger ANs, more and more lately do surgery followed up radiation to reduce the risk of damaging the facial nerve.  If your AN was small to medium, they would have probably suggested surgery or radiation.  Do you know the size of your AN?

I don't know how you found this forum, but I'd like to suggest that you contact the ANA and request some of their literature - it's very helpful.  In addition to sending you literature, the ANA will also send you a WTT (willing to talk) list.  Patients from all over the U.S. who are willing to share their AN experiences are on the list; there will most likely be someone who lives in your area.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways