Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 12714 times)

oHIo

Re: Just for fun
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2008, 08:58:37 pm »
My screen name...yes, you guessed it.  I'm from Ohio.  :o   I wanted to make it a little interesting, so the capital HI in the middle is my friendly greeting to my fellow ANers.
I would like to believe that my brain tumor had something to do with my lack of creativity for a screen name, but I'd be kidding myself. ::)

Great topic.  I've had a good laugh this evening.  I really needed one. 

And just for you, Jim Scott (or whoever you really are  ;) ) my real name is Debbie.  Yes, another Debbie (only with an e) on the boards.

sgerrard

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2008, 09:03:45 pm »
Okay, oHIo, I'll go for the hatmaker name, but I'm not changing my screen name, it will confuse everyone too much. I guess you are stuck with whatever you put in the first day. So, I'm adding it to my personal text instead. Safer that way. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kaybo

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2008, 09:05:21 pm »
Steve~

Yes, you may knit me a hat,
you may knit me a hat that goes on my cat!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

oHIo

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26:29 pm »
Hatmaker, hatmaker knit me a hat.  La la la la, la la la la.  *She sings in her best American Idol imitation voice as the audience cringes and covers their 'good' ear*   ;D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2008, 11:04:37 pm »
Note to oHIo and K -

don't get your hopes up.  Lori and I were promised hats months ago - I think we were the first ones - and we are still waiting  ::)

I can't speak for Lori, but I'd really like my hat before the cold weather sets in and my BAHA potentially gets frozen  :D

Let's see that gives Hatmaker Steve about 5 or 6 months to "get it together"  ;)

K -  nice story about your grandma.  Love her nickname  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

oHIo

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2008, 11:57:05 pm »
Leper  ;) ...issue solved.  Do a search for the Sew Easy Knitting Machine.  It's for ages 8 and up.  (I think hatmaker might be considered 'and up'.)  Here is the description of the Sew Easy:

"The Sew Easy Knitting Machine is easy to use.  You do not have to have any knitting experience to knit beautiful accessories such as hats, scarves, mittens, blankets and more. "

Now there is NO excuse.  Steve can get started right away and should even have a surplus to sell at the ANA Symposium.

Steve...a matching scarf to helpl protect my fragile facial nerve would be nice, while your at it.   ;D

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 11:40:45 am »
I originally logged on wiv me real monikker of Deborah given to me by me Mum and Pappy, but these here swabbies made me Captain of the PBW over on the Good Morning thread and the title Captain Deb stuck! That and back in me misspent youth I held a 30-Ton Ocean Operator Unlimited Passenger License for the United States and British Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Meaning I could operate a sailboat, tugboat, ferryboat, fishingboat, or any type of vessel with an unlimited number of paying passengers up to 30 tons. The boat, not the passengers. The weirdest job I had was doing burials at sea. One grieving widow tried to jump overboard after the casket! That was the last one of those I did.  I went back to the low paying fun job of day sailing.

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:42:56 am by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 12:15:08 pm »
Well,  this has turned out to be a highly entertaining thread - thanks to OMG for starting it!!  By my calculations, the variations of Deborah/Debbi/Debbie's win!  Oh, what - you mean there isn't a contest for the most popular name???  Crud.  I was so hoping to win something today..  Maybe Jim - or whoever he really is - can make a special dispensation...

Well, thanks for the smile today - I can always count on you guys for that!

Debbi - still spitting stiches
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2008, 03:40:24 pm »
Oh, Steve, I'd love a blanket too!  Don't worry, it'll be "sew easy" for you to make!

I might just have to buy you an Easy Bake oven too - you can knit AND bake.  You're a man of many talents, you Mad Hatter, you!

Lori (ready for my nap - how's that blanket coming?)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

matti

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 06:51:51 pm »
Great thread ;D

My screen name is a shortened version of my married name. I added the "i" to stay true to my Italian heritage  :)

OMG 16 - I haven't been on in a while, hope all is well with you.

Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50