Author Topic: Eye symptom?  (Read 3526 times)

LMH

Eye symptom?
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:55:47 am »
Hi everyone,

I have an 8x6 mm AN on my right side.  In January I started having some right eye twitching which changed to more of a strange sensation/almost like a numbness all around the eye.  It's not constant but does happen quite often.  I'm trying to determine whether it's related to the AN so I can figure out whether to go ahead with surgery or if I can continue to watch and wait.  I've received differing opinions from doctors.  Some say it could be affecting the facial nerve, others say that's probably not the cause.  Just wondering if others have experienced this symptom.  Thanks!

Lisa

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Eye symptom?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:05:38 am »
Hi Lisa:   I had the same eye twitching - when I had my initial appt.(for hearing loss & tinnitus), I never even told the doctor about the eye twitching, so I don'[t have his opinion on it.   I'd have the twitching on & off & never connected it to the AN.   My AN was 2.2cm x 1.3 cm.
I never had the numbness.

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

sher

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:37:24 pm »
Hi There,
I have had the eye twitching also, but it comes and goes. Not sure if it is from the AN or my chronic stiff neck.
I have a herniated disc between c5-6 so I am not sure what is what anymore. But I have definitely had the eye twitching.
Sherry
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44:30 am »
At the time of my surgery three years ago, I had some facial nerve involvement, drooling, eyebrow/eyelid drooping, hurt to smile, whereby all of this resolved after surgery.  A few months after surgery my eye started twitching, on and off ever since.  Recently had transcanal approach on same side of AN and the doctor noticed my facial nerve is significantly prolapsed.  I asked about the continued eye twitching and he said most likely due to facial nerve being compromised.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear