Author Topic: ringing in other ear  (Read 2194 times)

Karen

ringing in other ear
« on: January 19, 2008, 08:49:52 pm »
Lately I have noticed noise in my good ear a little.  On the AN side I always have a soft noise.  The ENT I saw says  not to worry that  it is not unusual .  Also I am thinking about a cross hearing aid.  Has any one used those?  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kathleen_Mc

Re: ringing in other ear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:35:06 am »
Karen: How long ago was your first surgery? I have developed noises in my hearing ear in the past year and my orgianl surgery was in 1990, currently I am waiting for an MRI to check for tumor on the "good side" and I was glad to read your post that this may just be "normal".
I had a bi cross hearing aid system, I had a lot of trouble with it but when it was working I loved it. I never fully adjusted to it 'cause it was frequently in to be repaired and eventually just gave up on it.
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

danijake

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:29:03 am »
Karen,

I have been experiencing ringing in my good ear, also. It's kind of scary considering... I used to joke about the ringing in my AN ear as "someone's talking about me". And look how it turned out. I hope it's normal. I know the feeling. If you find anything out, please post!!!

Dani

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:31 am »
I`m presently trying Neuromonics. I`m into it for 3 + 1/2 months now. So far so good with another 2 + 1/2 months to go. It is then I probably will be able to give an accurate accout of my experience. I`ve had tinnitus for 30 years. Recently diognosed with AN who knows how long I had that. Watch and wait with first check on mri coming back "stable". Mickey