Author Topic: Any experience with Kaiser in San Diego?  (Read 3573 times)

donna lee

Any experience with Kaiser in San Diego?
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:05:32 pm »
I was recently diagnosed with a 1.4cm acoustic neuroma at Kaiser in San Diego. My only symptom is decreased hearing in my (L) ear. I am trying to educate myself on the 3 options given to me by my head and neck surgeon: observatiion, radiosurgery, or retrosigmoid resection. I'm anxious about the tumor enlarging, but also don't care much for the risks related to surgery. I'm in the process of getting copies of my MRI to send to HEI. If anyone out there has had any experience with the San Diego Kaiser surgeons, I would appreciate hearing from you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 11:38:12 pm by donna lee »
1.4cm diagnosed 1/19/07--undecided on treatment, weighing all my options.

IAHeel

Re: Newly diagnosed
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:23:52 pm »
You are doing the right thing by consulting with HEI. My wife recently had surgery there with Friedman and Schwartz. They are terrific and will review the research with you. They know the literature.

Fred

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
Re: Any experience with Kaiser in San Diego?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:37:07 pm »
My neighbor recently had surgery in Kaiser San Diego for an 2.1 AN and he seems to be doing quite well. Hopefully I was not bugging him but went to visit every few days also to see what I would be in for in May for my surgery.

tcrnko

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:03:46 pm »
THis is a late reply, but if you are still interested, I had surgery in Kaiser SanDiego with Drs Cueva and Mastrodimas.  TransLab approach to the left side.  Lost the hearing, but it was almost gone anyway.  Otherwise, I was ready to go back to work 3 weeks post op.  They kept me off 6.  They were a geat team.
"Used to be a Neuro Nurse, Believe it or not."
1.8 x 1.6 x 1.7 AN Left Side
TransLab on 1/10/07.
Drs Mastrodonas & Cueva, Kaiser San Diego

martyc

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:05:15 am »
Hi,
I am having surgery with the same Dr.'s near the end of the month.  Can you tell me a little about what the hospital stay and recovery was like for you?  Did you have translab surgery?
Thanks so much,
Marty
Marty