Author Topic: New decision to make...  (Read 1928 times)

cindyj

New decision to make...
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:28:43 pm »
Well, I haven't made up my mind about my AN treatment yet and now I find I need to make a different decision first.  Long story, but the end result is that my gynocologist has reason to suspect cancer in my uterus...so, I need to decide on which approach to take to get that resolved/put to bed.  I don't believe it's cancer - what are the odds of me having breast cancer twice, an AN and uterine cancer???  But, I know I can't ignore it.  So, while this AN is ever present on my mind, guess I'll have some surgery for that issue first.  Perhaps that will give me some quiet time to come up w/ an answer for the AN...I am lucky (once again) that my AN is small enough that I can put off treatment for awhile.

Lot going on here this week on the site...hello to all you newcomers!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: New decision to make...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 03:12:23 pm »
Hi, Cindy:

I'm sorry to learn of your new health problem but I have to admire your intrepid attitude.  I hope and will pray that it is not any kind of malignancy.  Obviously, that issue needs to be resolved before you can make a decision on your AN treatment.  You're quite correct in noting that with your small AN you have the luxury of postponing a decision on a procedure to address it.  However, in this case, 'luck' is a relative term.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lori67

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 03:17:14 pm »
Oh my goodness, Cindy - when it rains it pours, huh?

I'm glad you sound like you are remaining positive even though you seem to keep hearing bad news. I suppose it is lucky that you have time to deal with your AN issues so you can take care of your other ones.  I guess it's like that old question "How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time".  I guess we all have to learn to deal with things one bite at a time.

Good luck with your decision making and may you continue to be lucky!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 04:53:19 pm »
Cindy -

I'm sorry to hear about your other health issue.

I think it's a very wise decision to put your AN treatment on hold for a little while.

Best of luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:25:37 pm »
Thanks, ya'll.  Yes, I'll attack these issues "one bite at a time."  I guess I should maybe put myself in the "Wait" category...

Have a good week everyone!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings