Author Topic: Pure Tone Audiogram question  (Read 2053 times)

reenie

Pure Tone Audiogram question
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:10:03 pm »
Hello...I have been looking at this board and reading some things as I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow to look for what my doctor calls a "growth" in my inner ear.  (yes i'm getting the with and without contrast)

anywho, i asked them to send over my test results (i had atypical ABR, ENG and audiogram) so looking at my audiogram and being the internet sleuth that i am -- just wondering...if anyone has or remembers theirs...or can help me decipher...

on the acoustic immittance test

on the acoustic reflex, my probe right ear was NR in all the contralateral (dBHL) and Ipsilater (dBSPL) was 95 @600hz, 105@1000hz and NR@2000hz
my left ear in the contralateral had 95@500hz, 95@1000hz, 100@2000hz and NR@4000hz and for the ipsilateral 90 @ all the hz 
then there is a box for decay and my right ear it says CNE and left it says negative.

does this make any sense?  or should i just stop investigating. 

i wasn't thinking to ask the doctor about any of this while i was there.  don't ask -- i get in a daze at the doctors office and just kind of nod. 

JeWeL41

• Science teacher, married mum of 3, happy,bit deaf!
Re: Pure Tone Audiogram question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »
too technical for me! My audiogram sloped downwards from left to right in the effected ear showing most hearing loss at the highest frequencies. I don't have AN but gather thi is thetypical shape for those that do though loss in any frequencies can occur. The MRI will give you a definitive answer if read by a competant neuroradiologist who has experience of AN. Do you have any other symptoms?

Good luck with the MRI
Sudden hearing loss Nov 2006 (left), tinnitus, fullness,imbalance, left side headaches and strange sensation on that side of face - but not AN!
Diagnosis - SSHL. Bouts of spinning vertigo now!
Saw Prof Ramsden (April 08) and it may be Atypical Menieres with Migraine Syndrome!