Author Topic: Anyone had Dr. Pensak in Cincinnati?  (Read 12201 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Anyone had Dr. Pensak in Cincinnati?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 04:41:58 pm »
Charlene -

glad to hear from you.  Was wondering how you were doing.

Sorry to hear about your long hospital stay.  Although they say the odds of CSFs leaks aren't that great, it sure seems like we've had our share of them lately on the forum  :P

I hope that the leak stays stopped and that the rest of your recovery goes smoothly.

Get some rest  ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

oHIo

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 10:09:50 am »
Hey Charlene...glad to hear you are back among the posties.  I thought about stopping over and seeing you, but I had no idea what your last name was or how long you would be in the hospital. 

I also had a CSF leak and a lumbar drain.  The drain site was sutured when I left the hospital, but I sprung another leak after I was home.  I also had thrush, which caused me to lose quite a bit of weight as well as being very painful.  Thrush was a bigger pain issue for me than the lumbar drain.  Experiences can be so different.

I'm glad you got a private room once they sprung you from the recovery room. 

I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly.  Take care and rest for now. 

Mama R

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 01:12:16 pm »
Glad to hear you are notw a postie, Charlene. Hope all is going well.
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm