Author Topic: Having MRI soon...question about findings please.  (Read 5182 times)

mema

Re: Having MRI soon...question about findings please.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 05:11:49 pm »
Marina,

Vertigo was my first symptom 4 years before my MRI with contrast, diagnosed my AN.  It was small.    But I have a friend who also suffers from vertigo and all her tests are negative.  It could be fluid in your ear etc.  Stress can also cause vertigo.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

reenie

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 08:02:20 pm »
hi mema
the docs have looked inside my ears -- no fluid, no wax, no damage, never had an ear infection in my life.  trust me, i'm not hoping for it to be anything big!  but with the on and off fullness in my ears, its a bit annoying.  i just might have horrible sinuses. 

but this is the weird thing and don't know if i mentioned this in my first post....the abnormal ABR was my right ear, the pulsating tinnitus is my right ear.  the fullness and occasional ear pain (one time it felt like there was something in my inner ear and i couldn't get it) and the vertigo -- well who knows what caused that.  so is that not kinda weird that i have things with both the ears?  and i called the office today to find out which ear has the slightly less good hearing -- i'm 90% sure its my right ear.  they were supposed to fax me my test results today and they didn't (RRRRRR).

talked to the people at the MRI place and they took all my info, asked me 200 questions about implants, allergies, etc.  told them i was really claustrophobic, so they told me to come 1.5 hours early and they would drug me.  funny.  (drug me)

nervous to have it -- but anxious just to clear my mind.  happy to find nothing but just want to know what it is either way.  if its just a ratty inner ear tube, i'm happy to know so we can fix it. 

thanks again for being so nice and all your advice and replies!

reenie

Re: Having MRI soon...question about findings please. (UPDATE!)
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 09:23:28 am »
just wanted to let you know that my MRI came out negative for any kind of tumor.  i just have scar tissue in my right ear as well as some fluid.  so good news!
thank you for your support and answering all my questions!  i really appreciate it! 

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 11:29:46 am »
reenie -

while I confess I'm a little disappointed that you aren't joining our little "AN Club", I am extremely happy that you don't have an AN - or any other kind of tumor for that matter  :)

Congratulations, and thanks for letting us know.  You must be so relieved!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

reenie

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 12:48:25 pm »
i was having fun checking this board!  maybe i need to find a "crazy symptoms of something bigger but not" board!

actually my friend (the neuroradiologist) just called me back -- and he said while my brain is fine and he can't see any tumors -- there is a defect at the base of my brain/skull and recommends i get a ct scan bc mri doesn't see bone.  he thinks it could be something i was born with or something else.  so he is going to send the rec's to my ent (who i see on april 18) and then from there get the ct scan.  so obviously nothing too serious if i'm waiting 2 weeks.

happy to have a friend in the business!  though i did say to him -- i'm glad i don't have anything -- bc how much would that suck to tell a good friend they have a brain tumor!

i wish all of you the best!  you are very lucky.  if i ever meet anyone with an AN, i'm sending them your way!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 01:17:59 pm »
hi reenie and glad to hear you don't have an AN... that is fab news. Not sure what your friend is seeing on the MRI as skull base lack of bone.... there are such (I have one myself, unrelated to my AN situation) and hoping you get good news from your follow up.

Be well,
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 03:34:40 pm »
i was having fun checking this board! 

reenie -

you can still check out this board - and participate - if you want to.  There is nothing that precludes you from that; everyone is welcome here.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 10:33:23 pm »
maybe i need to find a "crazy symptoms of something bigger but not" board!

For some reason, that sounds like us!  :o  Maybe you've found it here.

I actually quite seriously like to have "not an AN" patients around, they help explain to people that not every case of tinnitus or balance issues is an AN. It helps to reinforce that the MRI result is almost always the definitive one. Plus you can tell us all about the CT scan and your skull base and stuff. Hopefully it is something minor.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

mema

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 06:56:45 am »
reenie,

just read the good news.  I think it is probably harder to deal with a no specific answer something.  I have a pain around my heart area, and a strong pulsating that my husband feels also.  They have done many a test which actually only rules out what that test is for.  Leaving us with no answer as to what it is.  I'd rather have a concrete answer.  Until then I just live with the pain.  Hopefully your scan can give you a concrete answer. Take care.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

reenie

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 09:20:40 am »
well, i'll def keep checking this!

and mema -- funny -- that while i was definitely happy to not have something big -- i did hope for SOMETHING to explain this.  b/c my symptoms are so off and on...its weird.  but clearly not normal, b/c most people don't have off and on stuff like this. 

i'll def report back after seeing my ent on the 18th and the ct scan. 

i forgot if i mentioned -- the wide bore magnet mri machine that this place had was awesome!  i really didn't need to be drugged -- it was almost like a ct machine!  so for anyone claustrophobic -- i would def see if you can find one of those!