Author Topic: Nintendo DS Flash focus game  (Read 1633 times)

Lainie181818

Nintendo DS Flash focus game
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:22:27 pm »
Hi everyone,
I haven''t posted for months. It has been 2 years since my mid fossa surgery and whilst life is not the same it hasn't stopped me from enjoying life. Last Sunday I returned from an 8 day cruise around the Virgin Islands and Caribbean. My Daughter and her husband treated my husband and myself for our 300th wedding anniversary, Oh sorry I mean 30th even though it feels like 300. My Daughter had booked many on shore excursions and one of them was Zip lining through the rain forest in St Lucia. My immediate reaction was
SSD, the drunken stagger, and crooked smile, Hell no I won't go. My family all said " look what you have been through in the last 2 years and if that doesn't make you do it then just staying with dad should. Well after being trussed like a turkey with all the harnesses I took the " leap of faith" and my god it felt liberating. There were 6 different runs and each one was higher than the last. I feel I could take on anything now. Well maybe not bungie jumping, or jumping out of a perfectly good plane, or having BAHA surgery whilst totally awake [ again]. But the point is we are all tougher than before our AN and yes I still have odd days when I think " I want my old life back " but this is it and I may as well make the most of it. Anyway you may be thinking what has this got to do with Nintendo machines. I ended up getting stranded at Puerto Rico after the cruise [ my husband works for the airlines, and all the flights were full]. So all 5 of us had to split up and I ended up sitting next to a lady I will call her chatty Kathy, and she was playing with a nintendo DS and she said she had had marvelous results with her memory since using it. I did some research and nintendo makes a game called " Flash focus " it is vision training and supposedly helps balance and eye hand co-ordination. Has anyone out there used it. I am going to buy the unit and the game as it will be good to use on long flights. I am going to the UK next week [ my hometown ] so in my long winded way does anyone have any info.
To all you newbies, it's a rough road, but there is life after an AN and I never thought I would swing like an ape through the jungle. I am the biggest coward but if I can do it, so can you.
Lainie.

danijake

Re: Nintendo DS Flash focus game
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:49:30 pm »
YES Flash Focus is a very good way to stimulate and retrain your brain. I bought it for my 9 yr old son and I play it all the time!!

Lainie181818

Re: Nintendo DS Flash focus game
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »
Thank you Dani,
I bought the unit and game today.