Author Topic: Sorry, can I whine a minute...what to do, what to do  (Read 6621 times)

sgerrard

Re: Sorry, can I whine a minute...what to do, what to do
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:15:54 pm »
some people can live with knowing the tumour is still in there and others can't but on the other hand it is less invasive

Hi Blanche,

I too welcome you to the forum. It sounds like you had a good tussle with the big decision, and made a good pick, and with a good surgeon. Does the vacation in Jamaica come as part of the package?  :D

Your quote above caught my eye, because I think that for many people, maybe me included, after all the data and stats and pros 'n' cons, it all comes down to which are you more comfortable with. Which bothers you more: someone poking around inside your skull with sharp instruments, or a dead tumor still inside your head? The answer to that question will often make the decision.

Hope you stick around. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Blanche

Re: Sorry, can I whine a minute...what to do, what to do
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 05:50:05 am »
HI,

Thanks for the welcome!

Plan to stick arond and see how everyone gets on and offer any support that i can.

Wish i had found this site when i was shell-shocked with the diagnosis - you guys are so supportive and informed!!!!

It isn't always easy finding the lighter side to our situation but it really helps!

As good as i feel and as much as my surgery went really well, i still have tinnitus in my deaf ear and so much for my luxurious holiday to Jamaica post surgery - we got Hurricane Dean!!!!! Ya just gotta laugh!

i am always happy to answer any questions,

Wishing you all well

kind regards
Blanche
12mm left side AN - diagnosed 10/11/06, had surgery 7/5/07 at INI Hospital Hannover, Germany, Prof. Samii. Initial symptoms were tinnitus & fullness in ear. Post surgery have lost hearing in left ear but still have tinitus! More importantly had NO facial Palsy and now feeling great and fighting fit!