Author Topic: Ohio is post op  (Read 2564 times)

Boppie

Ohio is post op
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:11 pm »
Hooray!  We have the report that Ohio is out of ICU, and doing well this afternoon!   Maybe we will see her as a postie in a few weeks. :D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Ohio is post op
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:06:22 pm »
Yeah!!  One down, how many more to go?  Weren't there at least 2 more in Ohio this week?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

NW

• 9mmx8mmx10mm Surgery Oct.17,2007
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:30:56 pm »
Great!! My prayers are still going strong!! Yes, Ohioalso is having her surgery today. Things were going well for her too,  last I heard they were beginning to close on her! I say let them take their time and don't rush!

Nancy

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 06:16:57 pm »
Nancy -

thanks for the info on Ohioalso.  Please let us know when you hear more.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 07:34:08 am »
What great news!  I'll keep Ohio in my thoughts and prayers as she continues the healing processes.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

OMG16

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 12:14:46 pm »
That is wonderful news.  Keep us all posted.  Kisses to her forehead.  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Melissa778

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:12:08 am »
Excellent to hear Ohio is doing well.  Hope to hear an update on Ohioalso.  Sending well wishes to both of my fellow Ohio-AN's :D
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

Mama R

Re: Ohio is post op - 2 down/1 to go
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:58:32 am »
It's Ohio Also reporting in to ANA Buddies.Came home last Wednesday. I'm doing very well. I've been out a few times for some short visits to the store, lots of home visitors and tons of food coming my way. Only complaint is that sleeping seems to be a problem. I haven't napped much during the day either. I actually feel best when I'm up and around walking or after I've eaten.Just can't seem to get comfortable at night and often when I lay down my head starts hurting. I thought the nurse at the hospital mentioned insomnia is common but I may have dreamed that??? Anyone else have that problem? Ohio called me last night and just got home yesterday. She had a few chanllenges but it sounds as if it is downhill from now. I feel so blessed to have this ANA group, excellent doctors, friends/family prayer and all around support. There is no doubt it is those, as such, God has worked through to bring about such a successful recovery. Thank you All!
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 01:00:25 pm »
HIi OhioAlso - great to hear you are home and healing!  Sorry to hear about the insomnia and hope that it turns out to be temporary.  Maybe your doc can presribe something for the short term to help you get back into some sort of rythm?  I think that many people have trouble sleeping after surgery - maybe partly the anesthesia working it's way out of your system.

Anyway, so glad to hear you are up and about.  I'm counting down to my surgery, so it is very good to hear from you folks who are already on the "other side."

Debbi - B minus 29 in NJ
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Glenda

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 02:14:10 pm »
Hi OhioAlso
It's great news that you have gotten home and are now a Postie :)
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well thus far.  I think as Debbi mentioned that some do have trouble sleeping afterward due to anesthesia.  Hopefully this will clear up for you soon!
Good to see you back posting!  Hooray for you!!!
Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness