Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

OKAY TO HAVE THAT GLASS OF WINE?

(1/1)

CROOKEDSMILE:
WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS REGARDING DRINKING ALCOHOL DURING FACIAL NERVE RECOVERY? I LOVE THE HAVE RED WINE IN THE EVENINGS BUT DON'T WANT TO STALL NERVE RECOVERY. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Joef:
NO problem at all  ;) ;) ;)

4cm in Pacific Northwest:
I have read on both the Acoustic Neuroma Association of Canada (ANAC) website and the Bells Palsy website advice to abstain from too much caffeine and alcohol.  I will see if I can find those quotes and post those links.

I had a weekend of enjoying Bailey’s Irish cream in my coffee … interestingly the following weekend my synkinesis started.

Cause and affect?- I do not know. I personally would advise you to stay clear of alcohol until your face returns. I was doing this and recovery was going along fine- so I  then celebrated (with Bailey’s Irish Cream)  …and then the synkinesis started. Obviously THE luck of the Irish was not working for me…

Alcohol, as caffeine, DOES effect the nervous system. You want to not affect your nervous system until all the tiny nerve branches in your face have re-grown and hopefully gone down the right channels. Synkinesis is when the nerve grows down the wrong channel and attaches to the wrong muscle.

I think it is best to keep your body pure, take the least amount of chemicals (drugs, alcohol, or otherwise) until you are in the clearing… Eat lots of good healthy nutritious food and exercise. We have enough weird stuff going on within our bodies (and nervous system.) Why add toxins to complicate things?

I personally am staying clear of the alcoholic bevies … I view it as similar to not drinking while pregnant. We have new things growing inside us – only this time it is not a "bundle of joy" … it is hopefully “healthy facial nerves� re-growing “normally�.

Cheers (with a cup of herbal tea)

tony:
Its worth remembering that any balance
issues (ie most of us  here)
will be exaggerated by the vino
- so if your old "safe" level was three glasses
- before crash damage is/was likely
- it may now be reduced to two - so falls are more likely ?
take care
Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version