Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

SURVEY~AT WHAT MONTH DID YOUR BLINK FUNCTION RETURN?

(1/3) > >>

CROOKEDSMILE:
I WAS TOLD THAT THE MOUTH AND EYE SHOULD COME BACK FIRST. WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN TOLD? FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAD EYELID FUNCTION TO RETURN......TELL ME WHEN IT CAME BACK AND IN WHAT SEQUENCE. THANKS.

amymeri:
My blink is not complete, but with some thought I can close my eye.  That returned after 4-5 months.  I have significant synkinesis, but would say that between 4-6 months I had some function returning.

4cm in Pacific Northwest:
CROOKEDSMILE

My blink actions returned this week… today is my 6 month anniversary of my surgery. The face came first staring with the corner of the mouth... I have 60% movement back (I was at a #6 on the House Brackmann facial palsy scale) … I am seeing a mm of eyebrow movement and I ‘think’ I saw my nostril flare a mm this morning… bottom lip still nada… but the top lip smiles.

This is quite the test in patience isn’t it?

My 1st mm sign of movement came at 3 months and 5 days (not that I was counting or anything  ::) )

What time frame are you at post surgery? Remember everyone has a different AN tumor and everyone has a different recovery from treatment. I know it is hard not to compare your recovery to others… but try not to.

Hang in there.

HeadCase2:
crookedsmile,
  I had blink, tearing, and smile functions back at about the 6 week mark.  Not totally back to normal at 6 weeks, but much improved and they continued to improve after that.  The only symptoms I have at the 2 year mark is some very slight synkinesis (eye squinting sometimes with certain mouth movements), and when I eat spicy foods I get some extra eye tearing and need to blow my nose.  None of which are major problems for me.
  Best of luck with your continuing recovery.
Regards,
  Rob

4cm in Pacific Northwest:
Today is my 6 month post op anniversary... the blinking returned this week.

Now I am walking around winking at everyone  :D  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The muscles around my eye really ache today and are so tight- no doubt from not being used for so long.

I too am very curious as to the variety of answers you will get back.

4  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version