Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

PEOPLE IN RECOVERY PHASE WITH FACIAL MOVEMENT

(1/1)

CROOKEDSMILE:
HOW MANY MONTHS DID IT TAKE BEFORE EYELID FUNCTION (BLINKING) RETURNED?

LADavid:
It's been about three months and there is still no blink movement.  I see the opthomologist this week -- maybe he might see a difference.  He's been measuring my eye opening since day one.  If I find out anything new on Thursday, I'll be sure to post it.
David

Chambo:
It took me a good 6 months before I could confidently leave the tape off my eyelid and no longer use eye drops.

I'm not sure if this was stalled by a big dose of botox - the Docs put a double dose in my eyelid to "shut it down" whilst my facial nerve recovered.

I can remember walking to work one day (6+ mths post op) and testing to see if i could walk the whole way (a 40 minute walk) without having to 1 eye drop. The feeling i had at the end of that walk when I hadn't touched those damn eye drops was amazing! I haven't used the eye drops or tape since and function has only got stronger.

You'll get there. Patience and belief are the key.

matti:
It was shortly before the 5th month when I was able to stop using the tape and gel. My first facial movement started at the corner of my mouth, what a glorious day that was  ;D

Chambo is right, patience is the key. The dang facial nerve is a stubborn little creature!!! My facial nerve has recovered to about 85% of normal and did so within the first year or so. To look at me you would not know that I had any issues, I however do know they exsist, but are not a big problem.

Since surgery I have experienced the tight pony tail feeling from my cheek to the side of my head, but around year eight it totally disapeared. My surgeons were amazed, as they had never seen anyone continue to heal this far out from surgery. (I am approaching my 10th anniversary in July)

Cheryl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version