Author Topic: Waiting for result on 2nd MRI  (Read 11762 times)

thornapple

Re: Waiting for result on 2nd MRI
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 10:01:20 pm »
Now the insurance company is trying to talk me out of another consult, now that I have the MRI in hand. Their position is that if nobody can do anything, I can just go on with my life and "ignore it", since it is a chronic condition.

I am not convinced.

And as I said, I would pay just for empathy at this point. It is hard to ignore the pain, noise, loss of hearing, loss of balance, and nobody can see this tumor...I want to see the guy who studied at House.

Of course, with my luck he will be an arrogant wazoo who tells me to go away and stop wasting his precious valuable time.

But I'd still like to check.

Mickey

Neuromonics
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 08:54:04 pm »
I am currently watch and wait approaching my 2nd mri for AN. So far so good just with the same symptoms as before not much change. I recently have been trying nuromonics for tinnitus. I`m feeling pretty optomistic going into my second month. Takes about 6 months for the whole procedure to really make the difference. I`ll keep posting my results and hope to have something here which will make tinnitus bearable for us all. I just stated to post here, stay in touch,Mickey

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »
Mickey: Thanks for posting about Neuromonics - this is the 1st I'm hearing about it.
I'm glad you're 'testing' it for us.   I'm so tired of the 'years' of tinnitus. (I checked the site - very interesting)

How much is it costing you? (always the $ factor).

I'm very interested to know how this pans out - please keep us informed, & thanks !!

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 10:18:37 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Mickey

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 11:15:04 am »
Hi Nancy, I`m trying to get the knack of posting here. Anyhow it is expensive, about $5,000. They are starting to get recognized by some insurances. My insurance covers 60%. I`m sure hoping this will all pan out. Of course I have to hope my little friend stays dormant. I`ve had the tinnitus for close to 30 yrs. I found the AN by an unrelated trip to the ENT who sugested an MRI in Aug. 07. I have had the same symptoms so long I figure might has well just monitor it cause god only know how long its been there. approx. 1cm. Spoke to 1 fellow in AN New Jersey who had his for 15+ years watch and wait. I`m glad to have found the site to communicate. Talk soon, God Bless, Mickey

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 11:28:33 am »
So, this is where I wake up from my dream of being independently wealthy - $5.000? - glad to hear your ins. paid 60%.

Welll, at what price is too much to get rid of the tinnitus? 

Please let me know how it goes - hopefully my insurance will foot some of the bill too!!

Thanks  for pioneering this for us,  always good thoughts,  Nancy

ps:  I had the surgery & the tinnitus is primarily on the deaf side,   do you know if it will work if there's no nerve conduction
on the operated side??
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:41:48 am by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Mickey

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 07:31:37 am »
Hi Nancy, I`m not sure but do know that sound is placed thru the headphones along with music. There are different stages to the process which right now I`m in the beginning. End of March I go back for stage 2 and will inquire on if some one with loss of hearing will be able to get this treatment. Talk soon, Mickey

thornapple

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:16 am »
I am curious, too...but I can't imagine anything doing anything for my tinnitus.

I have chiming pulsatile tinnitus...
Hissing pulsing tinnitus....
Audio feedback tinnitus....
Riding in a jet plane tinnitus....
all at the same time. It drowns out what little I CAN hear in that ear.

If you find a recording of a fetal heartbeat, that is about what I listen to every second of every day if you add musical chimes and a sound like a furnace running and occasional odd banshee shrieks. The wacky beats from my mitral valve prolapse are amplified in my ear. I have learned to keep busy and pay attention to other things, but:

I am not "used to it" (been years, and that is the stupidest thing I hear in doctors offices--either "get used to it" or "you must be used to it"----I always tell them "yeah, like you would get used to driving on two flat tires, or walking without a foot, or having a 24 hour grade 8 headache. Do I have a choice? No. I am used to not having a choice").

Mickey

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 04:32:44 pm »
Just got my 2nd MRI report and things are stable. I was happy to hear that.  Will be getting into 2nd phase of neuromonics soon but thats supposed to take a few months before you really can tell . One step at a time one day at a time! Will keep all posted in future of final outcome. As for right now so far so good! Mike

thornapple

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 09:20:48 pm »
that's good! may some things stay the same.

I found out the lump in the throat thing is : Cricopharyngeal spasm, not GERD.
http://www.voicedoctor.net/therapy/cps.html