Author Topic: EYE DROP ?  (Read 5287 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: EYE DROP ?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 10:04:10 pm »
Sun? Did someone mention sun? What is that? - Oh ya that 40 minutes of brightness we had here in the PNW skies... which never returned.Sigh...

Tomorrow is the longest dark night of the year … sigh

Here in the PNW it appears we don't need drops - since there are non stop "rain drops".

Nancy maybe you should plan a vacation here- November to February there is little sun, eternal drops from the sky... lots of great AN'ers this way...

Snow? Even snow would better than the rain. In my decade of living here... I have never seen snow on Christmas.

Hey mmm maybe I should market a preservative free eye drop and call it "Oregon Rain Drops" ... what do you say Satman - do you want to go into business with me? We could sell shares in the 4 & 8 corporation. You could market it down there in big ole Texas. Perhaps we could get Yardtick to market for us up there in Canada… Hey maybe  we can create another preservative  eye drop line called “Canadian Snow Dropsâ€?- that you just store in the freezer and use as needed. ;)

Cheers,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

satman

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 07:16:14 am »
count me in !
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 07:36:31 am »
Nancy ... don't remember name but will check when back in... I find stuff in our store that mom's CVS
two towns over doesn't carry... I just kinda noted it ... it was the end of a long day of MRI and
great adventure with the kids and I was just thinking give me my meds and let me go home ...
but I will check in case you don't find them... Mom used to drive here to get some products
but when asked her CVS began getting them for their customers
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

dr4sherry

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:11 pm »
i like refresh oitment haven't really used anything else..and if i did..well i went back to refresh oitment.rather.. i like to use it even in the day. i will settle for the blurriness...becuase once it goes away you don't have to worry much with your eye draining from being so dry.....
I've had facial paralysis for 4 years jan 2008 its the most awful thing i've had to endure my whole life. i had a parotidectomy jan 2003 at age 33 which left me with right sided facial paralysis......i am very bad with taking care of my eye. but when it starts to bother me and start to drain the first thing i think is the eye is dry......the second if it doesn't resolve itself is an infection....
 :-\ the whole ordeal really sucks i just want to be the way i was meant to be with a smile...
I am happy to have found this site..to gripe about and talk to others who actually are going through......
I probably don't belong here becuase i didn't have acoustic neuroma..but i do have paralysis..
talk to you later all....got to read my first message....YEAH

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 07:58:16 pm »
YEP, Refresh PM ointment is what I've been using for 1 1/2 years, works the best for me too.   & dr4sherry, you DO belong here...
& I want to be the way I was too, but I know it ain't gonna happen, but I'm getting closer with the surgery I just had.
The eye issue IS such a bummer though;  I plan on talking with the docs about it in a few weeks,  there's gotta be SOMETHING more that can be done....
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Pembo

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 08:53:27 am »
I started using Restasis 2 years ago and I've never used the lube again. I put in a drop of Restasis in the am and before bed.  At first it did burn a bit going in but that went away in a few weeks. You have to use it regularly to get the best relief but it is AWESOME! I had to ask my eye dr about it, he never suggested it. I got the idea from these boards.

Prior to Restasis the only thing that worked was lacrilube. I put it in at least 4 times a day if not more. I have not used since.........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 09:08:16 am »
Hi Pembo:  Are you able to blink your eye?   My opthomologist told me the plugs or 'tear forming' drops won't work with me because my eye makes tears, but are useless because I can't blink.  They just sit on my lower lid then fall out.   So I have to continue with lubricant....
& I'm really getting tired of the eye issues....
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

Jeanlea

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 10:27:54 am »
I tried the Restasis and it turned my eye bright red.  I stopped using it after two days.  I know that it takes at least two weeks or more to see any effects, but I couldn't take the red eye.  I had asked my eye doctor about it.  He said to give it a try.  I tried, but I prefer not to have the red eye.  Seems like anything but PM Refresh Eyes turns my eye red now.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 08:47:49 am »
Weird thing happened last night.   About 3 hours after putting in my lubricant then putting on my eye moisturizing bubble, I woke up with my eye burning.   I reapplied more lubricant, put the bubble back on, but the burning continued.  So I took off the bubble & 'relief'!   Don't know what that was about.  I'm going to try NOT using the bubble & see what happens....
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis