Author Topic: back from Cyberknife!  (Read 3150 times)

ToneControl

back from Cyberknife!
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:07:11 pm »
Well... I got home from San Francisco last night after 3 days of CK at Stanford.  Thanks to Drs. Chang, Soltys, and the whole team there.  Big big thanks also to Lorenzo and Gennysmom - it was so nice to be able to talk to a couple other ANers while going through this.

348 nodes over three days, and the only visible scars I left with are the scrape on my arm from an overzealous nurse who dry-shaved it while trying to find a vein for the CT contrast IV.  It was almost a little surreal - I was thankful to Dr. Soltys for going back and getting me some printouts from the last session showing the tumor and the program data.  Without it, it's almost as if I have no evidence of the most major medical procedure I've ever had done.

I stopped by the Stanford Bookstore after I was done - my mom insisted on getting me some sweats as a souvenir.  We decided I was qualified to buy the ones that say "Stanford Alumni" on them.  I figure if anyone questions me about where I pledged, I can just say "I'm a GAMMA GAMMA GAMMA".   ;D

Wiped out today, probably more from the cold I caught on the way home than the treatments themselves.  Thanks again to all on the board for your support, insights, and thoughts.

-robert

1.0cm AN, diagnosed July 2007.  Treated Cyberknife at Stanford Nov. 14-16 2007, Dr. Chang, Dr. Soltys.  -  42 year old audio engineer, 15 dB PTA loss, 100% SDS, tinnitus at time of diagnosis.  Now we wait and see...

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: back from Cyberknife!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:12:45 pm »
ToneControl,
  Congratulations on becoming a member of Gamma Gamma Gamma (I hear the initiation rights are rad  ;) ) .    I glad to hear everything is going well, and as planned.   Isn't it great to have treatment over with? 
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 09:37:38 pm »
Glad to hear your back and all is well. I'm going to have CK done here in about a month at the Seattle Cyberknife Center. I hope your feeling better(cold). Keep us posted on how your doing.
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:37:32 pm »
'Nother one bites the dust...

If you are worried about whether it was real, just wait until you see the claim forms from your insurance company. Very major medical. Yikes!  :o

I'm jealous, I don't have a print out, or know how many nodes it was - or even that nodes were involved in the first place. I did get to see one of the treatment plan diagrams, with the tumor and the cochlea and the brainstem outlined in nice colors.

Welcome back, postie.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 05:46:33 pm »
Congrats on your graduation from Stanford!  Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:23:34 pm »
 :)congrats on your cyberknife journey. I'm glad everything went ok. I too will be posting back from cyberknife in January. Keep us posted on how your feeling!!!!!
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

candtlaw

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:47:48 pm »
Welcom home........... I am glad that your treatments went smoothly. Hopefully your cold will go away soon. Interesting info........ I didn't get anything, well, the mask....... oh yes, and a toasted tumor :)  I guess I'll take that........... congrats and do let us know how you are doing. Rest up..............
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)