Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Facial Paralysis after GK ???

(1/7) > >>

SusanT:
I had Gamma Knife on June 2007 and in September 2007 I developed sudden facial paralysis. The first diagnosis was Bell's Palsy. I am currently waiting on the results of a MRI. Just wondering if anyone has experienced facial issues after GK ? How long did the symptoms last ?   

mar50:
Hi Susan - I developed a palsy around the same time (3 1/2 months after GK).  Another 9 months have passed, and I would say I'm about 75% improved.  For me, it's been a gradual improvement over time.  The most significant change, being able to close my affected eye, came about 5 months after the pasley started.  Coincidentally, maybe, it also came shortly after I started acupuncture - something I never thought I would do!

good luck, please let me know if you have any quesdtions.  Be patient, I knoiw it is hard and can be really depressing at times.

Martha

SusanT:
Martha,
I was beginning to think that I was alone. I even called the International Radiosurgery Association and the person that I talked to couldn't give me any answers. Did you have any facial therapy ? I am willing to try anything. The eye is the most annoying. Could I call you ? You can email me your number. Thank you so much for replying. I am crying happy tears and my crazy eye doesn't know what to do with the tears!
Susan

mar50:
Hi Susan - i sent you an e-mail to your e-mail address listed in your profile.  Post again if you don't get it!

Thanks

ppearl214:
Hi Susan and Martha,

You both are the first (for me) that I have heard that have run into post-radio facial paralysis... will monitor this thread as I would be interested to see if anyone else has run into it, post-radio treatment (I've heard of it as a potential risk of radio-treatments but had not heard of anyone experiencing it until this thread).  Please hang in there and I hope the dr's can come through with answers for you.

Sending huggles.
Phyl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version