Author Topic: want to hear post CK stories & results  (Read 2707 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
want to hear post CK stories & results
« on: October 14, 2007, 06:11:07 pm »
My name is Mindy. I am 29 years old and have a 1.4cm AN on my right side. My hearing is still good. I have some balance issues. I have some memory problems. I do remember things but must think for a few to remember. Strange!!! Anyways I have my consultation appointment at the Seattle Cyberknife Center in a few weeks and would like to hear from people who have had CK done & the results of how they are today.

Thank you
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Lorenzo

Re: want to hear post CK stories & results
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:31:22 am »
Hi Mindy,

send me a personal message and I send you my blog address.

Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Mark

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:47:28 am »
Mindy,

You can read my CK story over on the Cyberknife support web site. Direct link is

http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/mark.html

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:43:58 am »
Hi Mindy and welcome:

I started this thread on this board a while back, to help share stories of CK with newbies by those that have already had it done, over a varied about of time.... I hope this thread helps.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3929.0

Again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

mellowrama

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:47:52 pm »
Hi Mindy,

I had/have similair symptoms - dizzyness and balance a bit of a problem, great hearing...and a bit of numbness on my face & lips.  Had CK sept 06 and it seems to have gone well.  Still on the MRI bandwagon, and as I understand I will be for a while.  Last MRI the tumor was swollen and bigger, so symtoms are still around. 

I feel great, never had any problems with ck (except a headache the first night)... if you have it I recommend taking your own cd of music and a valium too.

I too have memory problems, and no one seems to think its connected...I've become a big list maker!  CK must be new in Seattle, I used to live there and would have probably gone there for treatment...instead I went to Barrows in phoenix.

best, melinda
22mm x 19mm x 12mm CyberKnife  9/25/2006 BNI Dr. Daspit/Dr. Smith/Dr. Brachman
Failed radiation - regrowth to 2.6cm 
Translab Surgery w/ House Docs 8/26/2009 Dr. Friedman, Dr. Schwartz, SSD, tinnitus. 
Baha surgery with Dr. Baker in OKC nov 2009
Baha revision surgery by Dr. Horn in ABQ 8/2011