Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

Drunken Sailors in the Wind?

(1/12) > >>

4cm in Pacific Northwest:
Drunken Sailors in the Wind?

I am 5 weeks, today, post op here. I am out being a ‘good little patient’ and walking laps on our farm. I first started out like a drunken sailor, after getting home from surgery … but since improved to a middle aged women who appears to have dipped into a mai tai or two (no of course I am not consuming any alcoholic bevies at this stage of recovery) to looking almost (not quite) sober in my walk. I was really thinking I was on the road to recovery. Today it is windy out and I cannot keep my balance… and have regressed to a drunken sailor (ok ok a drunken pirate with one eye patch – “arby dar!)

Do any other AN forum’ers have issues in the wind (it is really more breezy than windy- but the sound just howls SO in my head)

debora:

Two steps forward one step back, that is what recovery is all about.  You are improving, your poor brain is working hard at it.  There are all kinds of things that can throw you off,  grocery shopping, wind, noise, lights, etc.  hang in there.   Deb

PS  I walk like a drunken sailor more that I care to

Cheryl R:
 Yes wind throws me off and even bright sun.                   Any wide open space of outdoors  does me in and  very frustrating as I live in the country!      I dread it if someone drives by when I am walking down the driveway to get the mail  while I weave this way aand that!
   I am out of town tonight to go to a cont ed class tomorrow and the mall has their next years calender booth already.        I saw one on Pirateology!     Pirates are everywhere I am finding!
                                               Cheryl R

Soundy:
If I am out and it is windy I plug my hearing ear... funny I never noticed wind noise unless
it was really blowing hard (as in tornado on the way ) when I had both ears...

Something else that throws me are long halls... at school I walk with a finger or back of hand on
wall or I end up staggering to  opposite side of hall ... just contact with the wall keeps me
reasonably in line...

Like Deb said it is a two steps forward one bask sort of game and the best you can do is roll with
it

Captain Deb:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We is all Pirates here--missin' a few body parts we is, and luchin' about to boot!  The lurchin' gets better with time and ye learns ta "go wiv the flow" and heave to when the wind is a bit brisk. Wiv 5 years o' this under me belt, it don't bother me a bit! I just lurch on! Just gotta get your sea legs is all! And remember, we are all in the same boat on this here voyage.

Cheers!
Capt Deb 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version