Author Topic: The fullness feeling in my ear has disappeared!  (Read 5960 times)

sloxana

The fullness feeling in my ear has disappeared!
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
Okay, this is really weird but the fullness feeling in my ear has gone away...just vanished.  Don't you think that's odd?  And what does that mean exactly?  My dizziness and the tinnitus are all worse but this one symptom has disappeared.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's not there anymore but just thought it was strange.  Has anyone else experienced that? 

I feel like all the weird things happen to me....know what I mean? :)
Susan
1.9 cm AN
Diagnosed Jul 9 2007
Surgery will be 9/14/10 with Dr. Haynes and Dr. Thompson at Vanderbilt

Denisex2boys

Re: The fullness feeling in my ear has disappeared!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 01:05:44 pm »
Hi Susan - - mine seems to have subsided right now too!  Thank GOD!  It's not painful, but the pressure and the feeling that it needs to pop is horrible - and that is when I usually get the numbness feeling too.

I wonder if that has anything to do with allergies?  I am on an allergy spray right now - - - I tend to get this feeling in 'waves' now - do these things shift position?  That is almost what it feels like .........  oh yes, and no headache for THREE days now :)
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 03:01:51 pm »
The fullness in my ear subsided after maybe 5 or 6 mos.  Don't know why...but I was grateful!

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:01:34 am »
sloxana,
  Since the AN is still there, I wonder if the fullness feeling stopped because whatever nerve that senses that feeling has been compromised or numbed.  If you ask your doctor about this, let us know what they say.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

bpham

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:23:17 am »
My fullness feeling varies from time to time.  Sometimes, it is worse or better but never completely gone away.  I've not gotten the MRI yet until next week to confirm it, but somehow, since this has been going for at least 2 weeks now, I have the feelings that with all the symptoms, I have AN (how big, I don't know).

Questions:

1. With Tinitus pretty bad on the left ear, losing lots of hearing, do people also hear distorted sound in the bad ear?  Sounds in my left ear is distorted.
2.  Loud sound seems to amplified in my head and it gives me headache even though I'm losing hearing, is that what most people with AN experience?  When I go somewhere I have to use cotton balls to cover both ears even the good one.

Still in the state of denial...

Thanks. >:(
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.

bpham

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 11:36:51 am »
One more question, which may or may not related to the fullness issue.  I've been very active, exercising, swimming, playing tennis, etc..., but since I've experienced the problem, every time that I exercised, the tinnitus seems to amplify. 

Will exercise aggravate the problem and make it worse?

Thanks.
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.

Mark

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 01:27:50 pm »
relative to some folks on the board, I have fairly mild tinnitus although it can flare up occasionally, usually after exposure to prolonged loud noise, I have never felt any correlation to exercise. I do triathlons on occasion, so I usually do workouts 5-7 days a week consisting of a bike , run or swim. Everyone's situation is unique, but I've never seen anything written up on exercise and tinnitus and it hasn't been my experience to date. There might be some other factor that's occurring around when you are exercising that is bringing it on as well.

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

NF-2er

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 03:36:19 pm »
Hi;

Re, exercise, it causes stimulation of most of the bodies nerves, so, my feeling is yes, exercise can increase tinnitus. Much as caffiene is a stimulant to nerves, it often makes tinnitus worse. Loud noise stimulates also.
   Just my 2 cents... Have a great week end if you can.

Russ

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 07:18:12 pm »
I think my fullness has diminished only in that I am trying to treat congestion.. ongoing... tinnitus is low buzz that can be high squeal with loud noises and or a long day in the car with back ground noise.

I notice that sodium sometimes causes my ear to throb. Lately I've been drinking a lot of ice tea which helps with congestion... caffeine in this form does not seem to be an issue for some reason, but other caffeine forms (diet coke) I think may affect me.. I just haven't isolated it enough yet...

Hope this is helpful- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys