Author Topic: Richmond, VA????  (Read 2002 times)

lori78

Richmond, VA????
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:28:41 pm »
Anyone out there?  I'd love to 'talk shop' w any locals.  Attended a Brain Tumor Support Group, but it was mainly folk w cancerous tumors and lower functioning than I.  If you are here in VA, and would like to talk/vent... I can start my own support group!  Get back to me!  Thanks!  Lori
Lori, Left AN,  2 translab surgeries and GK radiation, 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Dr. Singh Sahni and Drs Fred and Wayne Schia, Chippenham Johnston-Willis, Richmond, VA. Deaf in left, temp paralysis post surg 1/07

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: Richmond, VA????
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:46:46 am »
There are a few of us Virginians here on this site.  I tried to get a coffee meet together but it fell through.  If you're up to trying again, I'd be up for a drive to Richmond or somewhere inbetween  :) ...  I'm over more toward the VA Beach area.

GM
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

lori78

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:40:55 am »
Sure!  I'm game!
Lori, Left AN,  2 translab surgeries and GK radiation, 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Dr. Singh Sahni and Drs Fred and Wayne Schia, Chippenham Johnston-Willis, Richmond, VA. Deaf in left, temp paralysis post surg 1/07

Laurie

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:30:44 pm »
I live in Northern Virginia. About 20 minutes outside Washington DC. I had an AN remove July 2004 and a BAHA implant in January 2007.  Is the area I live a close enough location for you?

Laurie