General Category > AN Issues

Day of surg. has finally arrived!

(1/4) > >>

deea:
Only a few more hours to go...we have to be at hosp.by 5:30 AND OR AT 7:30.  SO FAR THE CALMNESS HAS STAYED WITH ME....GOD HAS BLESSED ME SO GREATLY.  MY Grandsons heart cath went well yesterday,only had to do angioplasty, not another stent. One night in icu and he off and running!

Thank you all for you prayers and healing thoughts.  They are much appreciated.

Hope to post again soon....in the meantime my sister Diane will try to update how things are going.

Blessings and peace to all,
deea

Palace:
Hello,

We are all glad that calmness stayed with you.  The waiting is sometimes the hardest part.  It's good to hear that a "sister" will update how things are going.

The best of luck Claudia,

Palace

deea:
Hi Everyone, I'm Claudia's sister Diane.  First off, I want to thank you all for being so supportive and encouraging to Claudia.  This board really has been a blessing in so many ways in preparing her for this day and for all the bumps on the way here.  Also, thanks for all your prayers..........God hears them and answers them!

It is difficult for me to not be there with Claudia, but she had requested that I wait until she has recuperated about a month before I travel up from Florida.  We have a lot of fun together and she figured then she could "enjoy" me more then.  What I did to make up for not being there is set up a prayer chain for people to be praying in 15 minute sessions on the day of surgery from 4:30 am. unti 1:45 am.  It is so amazing!  We have over 120 people, all over the world who have signed up.........from Michigan, Florida, Nevada, Virginia, North Carolina, Hawaii, South Carolina, Colorado, Minnesota, California, Oregon, Ohio, and even India, Tawain and Tasmania!

My session was at 4:45 am. and I finished without tears but rather a smile on my face.  Last night before I went to bed I shared Isaiah 41:10 with Claudia:   "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  At the close of my prayers I opened up a devotional book of old hymns.  God has used the hymn "God will take care of you" as a reminder to Claudia that He will take care of her.  In fact, on Sunday the whole church gathered around her and sang it to her!  What was so neat is that at the end of the devotional explaining when this hymn was written and how it is used to encourage those who are hurting was the very passage I had shared with Claudia........Isaiah 41:10.  This was just one more reminder that He is in control and He will take care of her!!  I called Claudia and shared this with her and talked with her until she reached the hospital at 5:30 am.  You would never guess she was going in for brain surgery-God had filled her with an amazing peace!

I will post as I hear from our family.  Thanks again for your prayers.  And my prayer is that all of you will also be filled with His peace and that you are reminded that "God will take care of you"!

I'll talk with you soon!  Diane (Deea's much younger sister)

ppearl214:
Diane, thank you for keeping us up to date as to the progress of Claudia's process... sending her BIG healing huggles and know she is going to do fine..... as are you.  Hang tough, please give Claudia my best wishes, now that she is in hot pursuit to wellness! :)

Wishes for a speedy recovery!
Phyl

leapyrtwins:
Diane -

thank you for sharing with us; it sounds like you are an incredible sister and Claudia is lucky to have you.  Your tag line of "much younger sister" made me smile - I have 2 older sisters myself and 1 of them organized a prayer chain for me when I had my surgery on May 31st.  It really meant a lot to me to have people I've never even met praying for me.  I'm happy to say that my surgery went well and I pray that Claudia's will too.

It's very hard to decide on a treatment option, and I'm glad to hear that Claudia is at peace with the choice she made.

Please continue to keep us posted,

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version