General Category > AN Issues

Not sure whats going on now!

(1/3) > >>

susier:
My AN was measured at 2-3MM from MRI done 6/14/07.  Afer seeing an ENT specializing in AN's last week, he suggested wait and watch and another MRI in December.  I have been feeling almost normal for the past week (maybe due to not so much stress after my appt) until today.  I just feel "yucky" today.  I don't know exactly how to describe it.  Kinda light headed, not really dizzy, a little sick to my stomach.  I have some tingling in my right cheek and it feel like the back of my throat and tonque are a little numb.  Since my AN is so small, should I be having these kind of symptoms? 

tatianne:
Even the smallest ANs can cause symptoms, sometimes Ive noticed that those you have small ANs have even more severe symptoms then larger ones. I think it all depends on the location of the AN and the nerves its touching or compressing.
I remember when I was first diagnosed I had a period of ups and downs in regards to symptoms, after a while it all kind of settled down.
One thing I know for sure is any level of anxiety, concern or fatigue really brings out the symptoms much more.
Ive had days as you describe, dizzy, yucky, tired, even nausea. Ive also had periods of a litle numbness on my tongue. For whatever reason in my case the symptoms seem to come and go and not reaaly last too long, thank god. I guess what Im trying to say i that what your describing sound normal for your situation.
Remember these Ans grow very very slowly most of the time.. Get a good nights sleep, try to relax, maybe go for a massage that helps me a lot.
Take Care
T

Jim Scott:
Hi, Susie:

Whats going on is relatively normal for anyone with an acoustic neuroma tumor, even a fairly small one, like your's.  We're all different and so are AN tumors, so we all experience somewhat different symptoms.  Unfortunately, as long as you have the AN you are going to be vulnerable to occasionally having symptoms of some kind, from minor and mild to more noticeable.  Of course, knowing you have the AN and subsequently becoming stressed about that could add to your feelings of being 'off'.  Experiencing occasional, unsettling symptoms is basically a part of the watch-and-wait' approach for some folks.  Unfortunately, you may be one of them.

Jim

susier:
Thanks again for the great advice.  Sometimes I think that everytime I read about another symptiom, I start having it!  I was just so excited that I was feeling so much better, that when I started feeling bad again, I just knew something was wrong.  Patience is not one of my best traits, so waiting and watching is going to be really tough. 

Samantha n Adrian:

--- Quote from: susie on August 10, 2007, 04:13:36 pm ---Sometimes I think that everytime I read about another symptiom, I start having it!  I was just so excited that I was feeling so much better, that when I started feeling bad again, I just knew something was wrong.

--- End quote ---

Hi there Susie! Sam here.

I just wanted to tell you that I am a lot like you. I do not have the AN, my boyfriend does, however I tried putting myself in his shoes and I stared at his MRI's and imagined that they were mine and that large mass was in my head and how I would fell about it and I immediately started to get a headache and feel sick and I realized if I was in his place there is no way I would be able to feel "ok" until I knew it was out. I know it is a mind over matter thing but just knowing it is there would be enough for every little ache and pain to make me second guess "Is it growing?? Is it pushing on my facial nerve?? Is it pushing on my brain stem???"

It really is a hard thing to "Watch and Wait" for people like us. I really am so glad Adrian is having his removed. Not that his situation is better.... his AN is scary large.... just saying I think watching & waiting would drive me crazy. I am a "Get the problem fixed now" kind of person. Not that there is anything wrong or bad about the watching and waiting. And due to your size AN it really seems your best option..... I just don't think some people can handle it well and I know I would probably be one of those people.

Keep your head up and stay positive. That mind over matter thing can truly work wonders if you learn to master it.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted as to how you are doing! :)

Sam~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version