Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Facial Palsy

(1/8) > >>

webwrestler:
I am 4 months post op, with no improvement to my left side due to facial palsy. I had the tumor completley removed but it stretched my facial nerve and left me with palsy on my left side. My doc said it would return just be patient, yah easy for him to say...

I met with another doctor and he said it should be back to about 80%, but not too worry he still expects it to recover. I go back to work on Sept. 1 and am quite anxious as I am in corporate sales and worried about what will be out there. I went from being an extrovert to an introvert, literally overnight on May 1, 2007. I get the odd twinge or zapping feeling, but maybe once a day at night for about half a second...oh wait just had one....weird...

I am expecting to much in only 4 months post op? I think I have the answer already but this site has be great as a moral booster when I read other peoples successes. Yah, I know, I am alive and that is most important...If i hear that one more time from a family member..errr@! That is so annoying....

nancyann:
Hey webwrestler,  Geez, I hate hearing about another person with facial problems - I just cringe...but, glad to hear you're having the 'zaps'.   Most people online here who've had a nerve stretched DO get movement back, HANG IN THERE - it is a slow process.  Some have taken upwards of 2 years, but you're already having the twinges so my heart is glad for you.  I know it's unnerving.
I know what you mean re: going from extrovert to introvert - I'm over 13 months out with no movement but my nerve was cut & reattached, real bummer.    I believe you're going to be okay, even if it doesn't feel that way right now.
Work is difficult for me with everyone staring, etc - I work in a hospital, took some getting use to.   Good luck my friend,  Nancy
ps:  no pun intended re: using the term unnerving - but pretty funny, huh?...Hi there Ellis, hope all's well!!

1wareagle:
Sorry to hear about your facial problems but like Nancy said you are getting ZAPPING feeling and that sounds like a good sign. I'm 7 months out and I wish I could get some zaps. I called Dr. Brackmann on my 6 mts and he told me he was 99% sure I would get movements back. All I can do is wait and hope. Hang in there!
Ellis

webwrestler:
thanks for the feedback. just realized i never left my name, my mother didn't name me webwrestler.lol. It's Justin. Yah my surgeon said he "guaranteed" it will come back and to be patient, patient. That is pretty bold but he has 20 years experience doing AN's so I trust his word. I will just sit back and be patient. :)

Justin

pattibobatti:
Goodmorning,

You are only 4 months out.  It seems like forever, but your facial nerve likes it that way!! I am glad that you have read about all the good recovery people have had.  It just takes soooo much time..... And don't worry, not too many of us have any patience either!

I just wanted to cheer you up and tell you that I did not have  ANY movement for 9 months.  Then one day the corner of my mouth just started to move. And now I have a full smile, etc.  I do remember thinking that I will never have any movement but if you looked at me now, you would probably not think I had anAN.

All those twitches are very important!  Every time I see something looking better, I always have the twitches before!!!

Good luck to you,
Pattibobatti

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version