General Category > AN Issues

anyone in south texas?

(1/1)

Clifton:
Hey again,

For those that didn't read my first bulletin, my name is Clifton and i reside in San Antonio, TX. I found out yesterday afternoon that i in fact do have an AN about 2 cm wide and 1 cm into the canal.

I am visiting with "Dr. Perry" who was recommended by my ENT who will most likely be involved with the process if i choose to go this route. He seemed to move me to think there will be 3 or 4 people involved in the surgery process, again, if thats the route im going to take.

My main concerns aren't deafness, its mainly the use of my face. Of course i would love to preserve much of my hearing as possible, as long as my face is intact i'll be content.

Is there anyone on this board who lives in driving distance from me that would be willing to talk that has had surgery in south texas?

Boppie:
Clifton, I live in Victoria.  My posts here are under the screen name Boppie.  I will send a personal to you with my phone number and address.  Your tumor is just like the one I had two years ago.  I know a lady here in Victoria who had her surgery in San Antonio.  So you might be abale to contact her. 

Clifton:
thank you very much.

Boppie:
Clifton, There are several people in Houston who have had surgery and one or two who have looked into radiation.  There is a new guy online in Palacious "Red" who is a science teacher; has an AN which was being watched the last time I saw his post.

susier:
Hi Clifton,
  I live south of Houston and have an appt at MD Anderson on Friday.  My AN is very small (2mm) and am a wait and watcher for now.  Anxious to hear what they have to say at MDA though.  My niece was treated there for Hodgkins Disease and took excellent care of her.  I will let you know how it goes as its just a 3 hour or so drive from San Antonio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version