General Category > AN Issues

Problems with the non-an ear

(1/3) > >>

susier:
My AN was diagnosed in my right ear, but I have been hearing noises, like there is fluid in my left ear for a couple of months.  My ENT says there is no fluid in that ear and has no explanation for the sounds I'm hearing.  Lately, I have been having more problems with this ear than the one with the AN.  The noises are almost constant now and I'm having pain in that ear also.  Is this common, or does anyone have a suggestion?

tatianne:
Hi susie,
count me in, Ive been having a lot of problems with my non an ear as well lately. Pressure, blocked feeling, feeling of fluid running, achyness and itchy too.
I have posted about this and there was quite a few replies, I will post the link for you if i can figure out how. I went to my neurotologist and he told me that a lot of my symptoms could be weather related, but he didnt feel it had anything to do with another AN on the good side. My symptoms lasted a couple of weeks but have really gotten a lot better of the past couple of days, how long have you been having this symptom ?? I know there are various individuals on this board who have mentioned problems with the non an ear which included noises, tinnitus and the other symptoms i mentioned earlier. For peace of mind maybe make an appt with your ENT, its always better to check things out. I know that my symptoms got a lot better as soon as my ENT told me he thought it wasnt anything much.
Let me know what happens
God Bless
Tatianne

tatianne:
my thread is posted a few topics under yours, take a look...I hope you feel better soon

susier:
Thanks.  I have an appt with another ENT tomorrow afternoon and am hoping he can check it out.  Its not so much the pain as it is the noises.... crackling, wind noise, thumping and popping.  I was having this problem before diangosis, but not to the extremes it is now.  Hopefully, its just an infection that can be fixed with antibiotics.  I read your post and responses and that helped alot... thanks.  I'm sure I will know more tomorrow... my first appt with an ENT surgeon, so I will know exactly what size my "little friend" is and what his recommendations are.  I am also trying to get in to MD Anderson.  I have sent them a CD of my MRI's and am hoping to hear from them by end of week.  Thanks so much for your help.

susier:
Hi Tatianne,
  After my visit with the ENT, I found my AN is very small...2-3MM.  I asked him about the noises I was hearing in my other ear... and turns out I had a build up of dead skin and wax in that ear.  After cleaning it out...I have had no problems!  No more noises and NO MORE DIZZNESS!!!  It seems my syptoms were from the problem with my other ear and was lucky (I guess) that my other ENT insisted on the MRI, or I would not have known about the AN until much later.  He wants me to Wait and Watch, as due to the size and location of the tumor, it could possibly stay the same size for years (hopefully).  Thanks again for your comments.  It is so wonderful to have so many complete strangers that care so much!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version