General Category > AN Issues

More and more symptoms

(1/3) > >>

Juliette:
Hi
am 28 years old and i have a pretty big AN. 3,2 cm by 3 cm. And lately my face numbness has been getting worse, I can't even feel the inside of my cheek and some spasmes have appeard from time to time. I keep wondering is the tumor is getting bigger. I live in quebec Canada and not much info or help or available. The docteors said i have to be operated has soon has possible. Am still waiting for them to call. Plus they dont show much undertsanding of the AN condition.

Am also woride of the after affects,  having read that some people had to change completely their lives after the operation not being able to continue has before(work, activities...) worst I am now pregnante and the doctors dont really know what effect it will have on the tumor.

I can cope with the being deaf situation and the numbness but the not being listned to make's me feel like a nother number waiting for surgery.

Julie

linnilue:
Juliette,  Where do you live in Quebec?  Are you near Montreal? 

satman:
hi julie,try not to worry about the things that you cannot change.[i.e. outcome]
stay and think positive,you have a little one coming.
also,my got instinct tells me you will be just fine.
research some more doctors that you can get to.

Betsy:
Hi Julie and welcome to the forum.  Please, please question your doctors about their experience in treating ANs, and if they don't know what they're doing, find another doctor.  Not to scare you more than you are already, but surgery should be done right the first time.  AN surgery is tricky, and the more experienced the surgeon is the better.  Read all you can...the more informed you are, the better.

Putting ANs aside for a moment....congratulations on your pregnancy!  When are you due?

Please write again and let us know how you're doing.

Betsy

Samantha n Adrian:
Hi Julie.

So sorry to hear of your current situation. I have read a couple of places where they do believe that the hormone levels during pregnancy can be the cause of the AN growing faster but there has not been enough research done to state this as a fact.

Like Betsy said, PLEASE do ask your Doctors many questions and if you do not feel comfortable with their answers seek a 2nd and 3rd opinion. Adrian and I understand your feeling of urgency. He has a 4cm AN and has many symptoms that are progressively getting worse, but we understand that this decision will affect the rest of our lives. It is an important one. Please choose wisely.

I found some information that may be helpful: http://www.springerlink.com/content/m57nru074v101mn7/fulltext.pdf

Keep your head up and stay positive. What a joy to have a baby!  ;D Is this your 1st child?

Please keep us updated to what you decide... we are here for you.  :)

Sam~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version