General Category > AN Issues

Normal Audiogram---What Should I Do?

(1/4) > >>

tripsplus6:
My Audiogram was normal.  I can't hear as well out of Rt. ear, but both fell within normal limits.  I had had sudden onset one day in June of pressure, fullness, extreme tinnitus, diminished hearing,some vertigo.  Antibiotics did not take symptoms away.  Saw ENT, no fluid, just pressure, and gave me steroid nasal spray to use for 2 weeks to reduce pressure for more accurate audiogram.  During that 2 weeks, I developed some slight numbness feeling around ear and Rt. face.  He said the spray would not cause that and was very concerned, as I also have some very slight drooping of rt. eyelid for several months, and one or two episodes of double vision, just for a minute or so, neck pain.  Have had the tinnitus for a few years though, and occasional very short (minutes) bouts of vertigo (the spinning), some bad headaches.  Anyway, ENT felt I would need an MRI, but when he saw normal audiogram, he said he would have a hard time ordering it with such a normal audiogram.  Said to keep him posted on symptoms, that he was depending on me to let him know how I'm doing and if I get worse, etc. 
     Ok guys, how many of you had good hearing and normal audiogram?  If this is anything worrisome, what should I look for, what can I expect would be getting worse, and for what symptoms would you call back about?   Thanks.         Terri

jtd71465:
My hearing was muffled one day.  My ENT started my on Prednisone and my hearing returned to normal, I followed that with an MRI and my AN was discovered.  Please have an MRI to rule out an AN.  I didn't want to have the MRI done, but the ENT stated that he could tell me the closet was empty but until we opened the door we would never know for certain.

Joe-

GM:
You would need an MRI with contrast to find a AN....if you are uncomfortable with the diagnosis...my suggestion would be to press for the MRI.  Until they do the MRI the findings are really inconclusive.  A good hearing test does not say why you’re having the other symptoms.

GM

susier:
My symptoms were very similar to yours.  I was sent to an ENT by my GP to rule out inner ear infection.  My hearing tests came back 100%, but because of the dizziness, she ordered 2 MRI's (brain/iac).  After a week of fighting with my insurance company, the tests were finally authorized... and voila...a tiny white dot appeared on my right ear.  I would advise the MRI.

linnilue:
My hearing was perfectly normal even wehn I had multiple symptoms of an AN.  My neurologist insisted on an MRI and the aN was diagnosed.  I continued to have normal hearing for four months after the linac radiationa nd then one night I lost most of my hearing out of the AN ear.  I took steroids but barely got anything back.  So, I say to you, insist on the MRI to rule out an acoustic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version