General Category > AN Issues

what are the chances?

(1/2) > >>

Peggy:
I think I'm getting paranoid, but I was wondering since I have AN in my left ear what are the chances that one could grow behind my right ear?  I do have some hearing loss in that ear as well, not as much as my left, also I think the ringing is in both ears , its so hard to tell though.  Also, I posted under the physicans section about 2 doctors I'm going to see in August and I've only received 2 replys,  doesn't anyone know of Dr. Willcox at Jefferson or Dr. Ruckenstein at Univ of Penn.  I was hoping to "hear" good things about both but I haven't heard anything, now I'm really getting concerned about my choices.

I wish this was over, I'm so tired of thinking about all of my options (such as they are)  I'm tired, and I don't feel like doing anything

Peg

sgerrard:
Pegg, if it is any help, I also have some minor hearing loss in my right ear. I think if there was another AN, it would have shown up on the MRI.
I don't know the doctors you mentioned, but it sounded like someone in that other thread had met Dr. Willcox.
There is another thread (called AN Cause...) where several people are commenting about fatigue caused by ANs. Sleep seems to help...
You sound a little down, which is certainly allowed, you have an unwanted growth on a nerve, you are entitled to that.
If you have two appointments setup, it sounds like you have taken some positive steps. See what you find out then, and go from there.
Meanwhile, take some naps and find something distracting to do. After an hour of gardening, I am so fed up with weeds, I forget the AN for a bit.
Take care, Steve

Obita:
Hi Peg:

The older you are, the less chance you will ever get an AN on the other side.  I just read your previous posts and saw that you are 49 so don't worry about it. 

Static had her surgery done in '04 at Jefferson but I don't know who her surgeons were.

Good luck Peg.  Sick and tired of the whole thing is normal.  Once you have decided which treatment to have and who will do it, you will want it done yesterday so you can get on with your life.

Kathy

madshackle:
Hey Peggy

The chances that you will have an AN on the other side is extremely low. That said, if you have concerns, you should bring them up to your doctor. Don't worry about bugging your doctor, having one AN is serious enough to warrant their complete attention and besides, they chose to be a doctor and patients come with the territory  ;).

I don't know the doctors you mention, but I am curious to hear about any doctors in the Greater Philadelphia area.I am seeing Dr. Bigelow (ENT) at Penn for my AN and I am satisfied with his approach.. I was not satisfied with the first doctor I saw there mainly due to the fact that he took nearly a month to inform me that the MRI showed that I had a tumor. That is a long story and best left in the past.

Please write back and keep everyone here updated with your progress.

peace
Dave

Yvette:
It was my understanding that ANs on both sides is strictly a hereditary thing. What do ya'll know?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version