General Category > Insurance

AARP Insurance

(1/1)

Pat:
Anybody have / use AARP insurance for their MRI`s, surgery or radiation treatment?(Gamma Knife)
if so any problems with payment etc
thanks Pat

Lamsue23:
I haven't had any problems so far with my insurance, I have Blue Cross Blue Shiled Blue out of Mass. with my work.  I have had many MRI"s do to an injury at work since 2001, and 3 MRI"S for my An.  I was aksed by someone if I had a Lifetime Cap on my insurance and I didn't know, which after thinking about this it's important.  I called my insurance to ask and they said I didin't, which is a good thing.  Do you have AARP ins as your only insurance or is this a supplemental?  I would just call them and ask.

Good Luck!
Sue

Pat:
Hi to all,
 Well I`ve had to pay for my MRI....$3000.00 !
AARP said" they do not pay for out patient" test ?
 Got another MRI scheduled  Dec. 13th , but...........
can`t afford that kind of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ every 6 months !
Anybody else have dealings with AARP?

Boppie:
My daughter's Aetna policy works that way too.  Catastrophic insurance plans will only pay for a test if the diagnosis results in a hospital situation within a week or two. Not a good deal.   :(

Brendalu:
Pat,
Where do you live?  My doctor told me that you should not ever have to pay more than what the insurance company says you should pay.  Even though your insurance company won't  pay for the MRI, I'm sure someone at AARP will tell you how much it should cost you and get back with the MRI place and make them either refund your money or give you credit for future MRIs.  The most I've ever had to pay for an MRI was $461. and that was because the MRI place coded the test wrong to the insurance company.  It got recoded and I got a refund.  AARP does a pretty good job of not allowing anyone to take advantage of those of us over 50 so give them a call.  If that doesn't work call your congressman and write a letter to the editor of your newspapers.  Sends copies to AARP.
Works for me,
Brendalu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version