Author Topic: Post FSR balance..  (Read 4428 times)

KumaB

Post FSR balance..
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:55:21 pm »
Hi everybody

anybody having problems with balance after FSR treatment?  Its been about 6 months since treated and my vestibular system is out of control and its difficult to think.  Anybody know of ways to help improve my balance/ equilibrium???

Justin

mema

Re: Post FSR balance..
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:20:08 am »

Hi,
I had some off balance issues after FSR.  I lost 90% hearing in the 5th month also.  I learned not to climb on a chair or stool, the hard way by falling. 

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 09:17:02 am »
hi kuma and welcome.  Balance seems to be a major issue for many AN patients, regardless of treatment protocol (surgery or radio).  The balance nerve can be affected by our AN growth and post-treatment, many do note that balance is of key issue.

There has been use of low dose valium (2mg/2x day) to help with the balance issues, as well as Rx for Vertigo.  Have you consulted your treatment physician regarding your concern of balance and if so, have they made any recommendations? 

Again, welcome.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Carol

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:59 pm »
Sorry to be getting to this so late, but I noticed that no one had mentioned seeing a vestibular physiotherapist who can give you a series of progressive exercises that will help with balance problems.
This would be helpful for any balance problems - pre-treatment or post.
Caryl