Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

1 Week until my Gamme Knife ...

(1/4) > >>

msuscottie:
And I'm find of freaking out. Someone tell me something that's gonna make me feel better about it   :)

I know it can't be as bad as the two brain surgeries, but I'm still kinda freaked at the thought of the head frame and beams of radiation piercing my brain 

Ok, you're up, make me feel better   :)

ppearl214:
Ok, here goes... granted I had a 5-day CK....

1.  The sedatives are great!  :P  You won't feel a thing
2.  Zapping the brain is not as bad as you think! 
3.  Approx 1 hr, you'll sleep right through it (see #1 above).
4.  Once it's done, that's it. 
5.  You may feel fatigue, post treatment, but heck, milk the excuse for a nap!
6.  The bolt-reminders will let you do a great imitation of Frankenstein!  Use that as a joke with neighbors that Dr. Frankenstein got hold of you!

Ok, that's just starters. Scott, you are going to do great and truly... after your treatment, you will see that it was a piece of cake.  Acknowledge any fears you may have about it... embrace those fears... and you will conquer them.  You've been through worse... this really will be much easier than all you have been through.

Hang tough!
Phyl

Sheryl:
Scott - it's easy for me to say all will go well but it's not my head.  Keep positive thoughts - especially how this is going to help you play with Addie's children (your grandchildren) some day.  While you are getting the treatment don't think about it as "beams of radiation piercing your brain" - think of it more as little "Pac Men" going in and destroying the tumor (or at least stopping the growth).   Or, if "Pac Man" isn't your thing, you can also conjure in your mind the best scene of your life and fixate on that.  Both my husband and I have been through some medical nightmares and we didn't realize until recently that we BOTH visualize ourselves on a beach in Bermuda that we have visited.  Make sure you get enough sedative medication.  Please keep us posted.
Sheryl

msuscottie:
Pac-Man or the Beach? Pac-Man or the Beach? Hmmm? I think I'll go with the beach. Specifically the Cayman Islands, yep, feelling better ...  :)

Obita:
Scottie:

You will do just fine.  When it is over, you will wonder why you got so worked up about it.  I am not talking from experience but from what I have read on this forum.  I don't recall ever reading a post from anyone that had wished they had decided on hole in the head vs radiation.  Plus, they ain't gonna zap yer brain, just the tuma thats kissin it!!

Good luck my friend, Kathy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version