General Category > AN Issues

Question?

(1/2) > >>

Yvette:
I'm just over 6 months post op and still have to use my hands to lift my head off my pillow in the morning, or up from the dentist's chair, should I still be so weak in that area? I had translab. Anyone else still experiencing this weakness? Yvette

HeadCase2:
Hi Yvette,
  Did you have trouble lifting your head before surgery?  Is it a matter of strength or a matter of pain when trying to lift your head?  This sounds unusual to me-- at least I haven't heard of anyone unable to lift their head 6 months after surgery.  Check with your doctors, they may refer you to a Physical Therapist to help strengthen your neck muscles.
Regards,
  Rob

Yvette:
Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. Just lack of strength, no pain. It has only been as such since surgery. I hadn't mentioned it to my docs since I figured it was probably expected (they do have to cut through some muscle for translab) and would most likely improve with time. Seems too long a time now though. Really... no one else was like this? Hmmm

tcrnko:
I too am 6 months out.  Jan 10 was my surg date.  I am back to work, full speed ahead.  Occasional word searching and dyslexic typing are really my only challenges, (also SSD).  Get back to your doc.  You shouldn't be having this issue.

Battyp:
Yvette,
 check w/ your doc.  I still have trouble 18 mos out but had neck issues before surgery. I know my muscles were very week for a long time after surgery. My head is still tender too and the hairdresser helps lift my head. The postion is what makes it difficult for me to lift. There are exercises you can do to strengthen those muscles. Simple one, place a balloon or soft object behind your head sitting in a chair against the wall and push your head back. feels good and strengthens at the same time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version