Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

why do they do this!!!!!!!

(1/2) > >>

gordy:
was schduled for ganma knife today. they cancelled on my yesterday for some reason. i cant believe this goes on. was schuduled about 6 weeks ago. open schuduales for all doctors involved. dont they look at there appointments and relize ....ok i have to work tomarrow?  seems there patients schudales dont matter to them. sorry for venting but it pissed me off. reschudeled for next month now.

Sue:
Sorry they did that to you.  Doctor's do their scheduling for their own convenience, not for yours. And since your AN is not an "emergency" then they will certainly feel free to bump you if something more urgent shows up on their books, whether it be a serious problem with another patient, equipment maintenance, or golf. 

But I sympathize!! 

Sue in Vancouver USA

Raydean:
Hi gordy

I'm really sorry that you got bumped around, especially after waiting 6 weeks.  It's pretty hard on the emotions.  I wanted to share that Sue is probably right in that an emergency, a patient with a greater need occurred.   I hope that you can take some comfort in knowing  that most likely you're being bumped allowed someone else in a serious situation to start treatment that in the least would allow a person additional time,  and maybe even  helped to save a life.

I know this to be true because a few months ago my husband was seen for a non AN medical condition as an urgent need patient..  His GK had  to start immediately.  I'm sure that other patients were bumped around in order for him to start his treatments.  I remain thankful to the doctors and the patients that were bumped for giving us the hope that immediate treatment brings. 

Please know that you, by being bumped made a positive difference in someone else life.

Bless you!!!!
Raydean

gordy:
i have no problom with that. if there was an emergency i dont mind one bit, thats what needs to be done, but i dont believe that to be the case since it was the radiation oncoligist that had a conflict. as was told to me they asked her to just do this since i have had posponments in the past but she said she couldnt. to me it doesnt sound like an emergency. and i dont mean to ***** but a longer notice then 18 hours would have been much better bedside manner in my opinion. ok enough of this. hope everyones doing well and have a great weekend.

tony:
I got "bumped" AFTER they had screwed on the headframe
I was walking around the hospital like the "man in the iron mask"
for 4 hours (ouch)  ...it was only after I packed and went to leave,
still with the mask on.....that they got moving
Interesting conversation...
"Youre NOT leaving" ....."WATCH ME"...."OOHHH"
No I didnt enjoy it - but Gamma is used for other things
and it really is only a one-at-a-time machine
Better Luck Next Time !
Tony

Navigation