Author Topic: The verdict is in  (Read 2977 times)

Krystine

The verdict is in
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »
I do not have an AN. The news just blew me away because the doctor was so certain that I did. I just assumed he was correct but the MRI with contrast did not show an AN. He is now sending me to see a Doctor Wilcox at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia to see if he can figure out why I have the classic symptoms of AN but do not have one.

My sincere thanks to all of the wonderful people on this board who reached out and offered support. Your kind words really mean a lot to me and I wish all of you great days ahead.

Krystine

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: The verdict is in
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 04:08:31 pm »
Kristine:

I'm so pleased to learn that you don't have an AN, after all.  Congratulations!

I do hope the the doctor in Philadelphia can figure out what's causing your symptoms and that whatever it may be is easily treatable and can be managed without extensive measures, such as surgery. 

I know we all wish you great days ahead, too, Krystine.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

f706

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 04:37:23 pm »
Congratulations Kristine:

sometimes these things just happen.  It is good to rule out the AN.  Keep us posted on what the doc finds out.

Dan

Obita

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »
Hi Krys:

What great news!! 

You really don't want an AN, even if it would explain so much - it would mean way to many MRIs no matter which treatment you would choose.

Good luck to you and please come back and say hi.  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Betsy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56:26 am »
It's great news that you don't have an AN, Krystine!  Think of it as one more thing that has now been checked off the list of what could be causing your symptoms.  It's no fun waiting for a diagnosis though.  Please do let us know.

Best wishes,

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

mema

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:17:36 pm »
Krystine,                                                                                                                                                                               

Great news.  I went to Thomas Jefferson  for a consult.  Don't remember the  doctors name.  I come from Philly and my family still lives there.  The doctor was very good and I would have stayed for treatment, but I could get the same treatment in Florida where I live now.  Best of luck that its nothing.  I once has a bug in my ear.  My family was visiting  for a wedding and my son was in medical school so we still laugh about how he removed the bug and it was alive.  I was my sons first patient!
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 12:25:52 am »
Mema too funny. I watched a show where a lady went on vacation and wound up with a bug in her head. While she was sleeping it laid an egg.  Nasty bugger.
I'd rather have the bug in the ear.

WTGO K let us know how you progress.  This is like the hotel california...you can check in but you can never leave  ;)

Louzilla

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 09:21:50 pm »
Very cool!  I'm glad you don't have to go through all the crazy stuff that comes with AN's.  Best of luck with your health.
Lou
Middle Fossa - 4mm x 8mm A.N. left side.
Dr. Jackler - Stanford Med. Center 12/06/06