Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Where there's a will there's a way

(1/3) > >>

ChelseaR:
So my mom and I went to Santa Cruz this past weekend and we flew from Ontario, Cali to San Jose, Cali which is like an hour flight. I was nervous at first that my shunt would in some way be altered or my head would hurt in some way, but it didn't! EVERYTHING was perfect!! MRI's are not supposed to hurt even with a shunt, but they cause KILLER pain for me! So even though the doctors said that riding on a plane shouldn't pose a problem, I was worried because the MRI hurts when they say it shouldn't.

The trip was simply amazing! My mom's brother owns some cottage's over the ocean that he rents out and we stayed there and it was MINUTES walk down to the water or to the downtown. It was perfect.

Just a couple months ago I was learning to walk again, I couldn't do something as easy as turn over [I had to have my parents turn me over on my side or back on to my back], and I had to be medicated to even drive in a car because I would easily get sick. But today I can drive myself again, I go down with friends to see my other friends an hour away at the beach and stay the night by myself, I am able to fly on planes with no problem, and I was able to walk from our cottage down to the beach which wasn't that far of a distance, but I had to hike down and back up 89 steps both ways. And we didn't just go to the water [and lay out! :) for the first time in almost a year] but we walked around the downtown and looked in shops. Even though i had to rest a couple of times, it was an awesome feeling to know that even through EVERYTHING i went endured, im getting back to my old self EVERDAY!

Things I Can Do:
Walk long distances
Travel up and down multiple stairs
Fly on planes
Drive cars
Keep a highly cognitive conversation
Write [my penmenship is BACK! :)]
Stretch
Shower by myself
anything i try... i have been able to do! <3

thank you to EVERYONE for all your support and prayers and love! i HONESTLY think i could not have done any of this without the love and support of everyone! Where there is a will theres a way and God gave me the will and showed me the way! THANK YOU!!

ppearl214:
Chelsea,

You have NO clue the tears of joy I have... OMG!!!!!! You rawk, girl!!!!!!!!!!  I am sooooooooooooooooooooo thrilled to hear this and thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for sharing this with us.  You are living proof that we can overcome the worst of many challenges that are thrust upon us....

You just rawk... you really do!!!!!!!!

Phyl

Omaschwannoma:
Chelsea,

Reading your post brought a smile to my face.  I'm so happy you are doing great and from the sounds of it you are living in the moment!  Keep it up and continue to celebrate those moments where "true" joy, comfort and peace reside. You'll never be disappointed. 

krbonner:
Chelsea,

You are an amazing young woman!  Keep up that great attitude, and there's no telling where you'll be in another year!  Sounds lik eyou're taking the world by storm.   ;D

Katie

Sue:
Chelsea, last year you scared the living you know what out of me! Wow, you were soooo sick, as you well know. I am thrilled that you are doing so well.  Ahhh youth.  It helps to be young and strong and determined. Thanks for the post and the update on how wonderful your life is going for you now and we know your future is bright as a new penny.  Will you be off to college?

Sue in Vancouver USA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version