General Category > Hearing Issues

Ipod FYI

(1/3) > >>

lori78:
For those of u into music and don't have hearing aids...

I am a music therapist (go figure... ACOUSTIC neuroma)... I am deaf in the left.  No tinnitus, but can't differentiate sound.  Can still sing, work, and play guitar. Though not always correctly, but work w people in wheelchairs, so they don't mind!  I love them!!

Anyway, my dad found an adaptor at Radio Shck that hooks into me ipod so I can hear all tracks on my good ear.  If u are a music buff, I think you'd appreciate this immensely.  Just be careful.. they come in diff sizes depending on ur pos/mp3 player. I'm sorta a music snob.... but if u r too... it's great.

Just a suggestion.  Also, are hearing aids woth it?  I'm waiting for the results of my Gamma Knife in Oct then exploring.  I have no tinnitus just vertigo.  I'm getting my masters in Social work, but I hear (haha) that sometimes aides don't help. aDVICE?

rOCK on, AN survivors!  Lori

Sue:
I am amazed and happy for you that you have no tinnitus.  Sorry you have the vertigo however.  Be VERY grateful the noise that you have in your head comes to you via your IPOD only!!  ;)

Sue in Vancouver USA

linnilue:
I have one question.  Despite your hearing loss do you still have the acoustic reflex(helps to balance sound in th ear)?  Yur audiologist would tell you if you had.  If you've lost the acoustic reflex then a hearing aid will not work for you becasue you won't be able to regulate the sound at all.  do you know the name of the device that your father bought for the ipod?  I love my ipod and use it all the time in my right ear, but i'd love to use a device like you have.  You are so lucky that you don't thave tinnitus, thank god for small, no very big favors. 

lori78:
um, i dunno,,,,i just can't differentiate sound.  is that u mean?  can't tell which phone is ringin at work, left is my dominant and that's my tumor side.  what odds.... then again, i have sdepression, anxiety and lupus, so this mess is just ONE MORE THANG..

lori78:
oh.. the adaptor is just a basic silver one that converts into mono or vice versa.  radio shack should know!!  helps sooooo much esp w symphany... good luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version