Author Topic: Dr. Wiet - Chicago Ear Institute  (Read 3541 times)

Cassie

Dr. Wiet - Chicago Ear Institute
« on: May 23, 2007, 08:50:19 pm »
Hello All,

I am new to this forum.  I recently had an MRI and learned that I have an AN.  I have been referred by a friend to Dr. Richard Wiet of the Chicago Ear Institute.  He removed my friend's AN a couple of years ago and she really likes him.  I'm wondering if anyone else has any information about Dr. Wiet or about the Chicago ear institute.  Or can anyone recommend another AN doctor in the CHicago area?

Ellenmn

Re: Dr. Wiet - Chicago Ear Institute
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:34:01 am »
I have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Battista from the Chicago Ear Institute. I really think that they have a good team of doctors there. I had two referrals in the area from another doctor that wasn't comfortable with doing mine. The other doctor was doctor Leonetti, with Loyola.

zjane

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:44:03 pm »
I saw Wiet last week and tentatively schedule surgery with him for next month.  He's really nice and knowledgeable.  I'm seeing Dr. Leonetti on 6/11 and I'm also going to call this doctor Thomas Haberkamp from Rush.
right side AN found Nov 04 1.0x0.7
FSR Cabrini - Dr. Lederman 5 sessions Nov 05 1.4x1.0
Translab Hinsdale Hospital - Dr. Wiet / Dr. Kazan Jun 07 2.3x1.2 (CSF leak, lumbar drain)

2yr Post-Op MRI Apr 09 Clean

stein78

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 07:18:18 am »
Dr. Leonetti and Dr. Anderson at Loyola performed my AN surgery back in May 2005.  I had a great outcome and have nothing but great things to say about them.  They have done over 1000 AN surgeries together.  I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.  Best of luck to you!
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL