Post-Treatment > Headaches

Headaches & Decongestants

(1/3) > >>

Catflower:
I'm 5 weeks post and having headaches right on the top of my head.  They even wake me up at night.  I made an intresting discovery.  Nothing helps the pain except over the counter sinus medication.

This may just be my own particular situation, but I thought I would share it.

BB:
I don't have a headace problem, but have always needed allergy medicene.  Since surgery I can't take anything, without it causing me all sorts of problems in my head.  Like my ear's and just a full head feeling, But glad you found something that works. I guess those headaches can be a bummer.  Also I have dry eye's so bad, that anything that dry's me out causes me to have more problems with my eye's.  Allergra D was my cure all for allergeries about twice a year, I miss being alble to use it.  Good luck with those headace's.  BB

jimmy r:
Someone just recommened  benadryl to me too. I have the same problem - instense headaches in the middle of the night. I am only 2 weeks post op and would llike to get off the heavy drugs. I thought it was caffeine withdrawal but I am drinking coofee again so i don't think that's it.

Boppie:
Head pains.  I heard about head pains from the very first person I ever met who had her AN removed 2 months ahead of me.  She thought the pains were from a holder cradle that they used to steady the movement.  I think the nerve endings are hurting in the incision and the pain refers all over the scalp.

Jimmy, why continue with the "heavy"drugs at all.  Did the doctor say to stay on them past two weeks?  Maybe your doctor could tell you how to get off the drugs altogether.  Benadryl might be a sleep aid for you for a while, but it can cause a headache and a "buzzy feeling" from withdrawal too.   

I recall the first few weeks...the middle of the night head pains were bad for me from the pillow pressure, my head position, and the incision drawing up.  Sometimes I would shift my head by turning it with my palms instead of my neck.   Try giving yourself a gentle scalp massage. On some nights I got up and snoozed in the lounger chair for a while.  It was difficult to know where the pain was worse, in the head or the neck. 

It will get better! 

tony:
Yes - there is definately something in this one
I am not sure exactly how
the clue is : the medication is to help with soft tissue type swelling
or inflammation - I find the reduction in head/fluids can assist
with hearing as well - I have issues with fluids in the ear tubes
cold or hayfever related.The cold/flu remedies seem to help.
Those that find these cures useful may also find they are more
suseptable to hang-over type headaches and dehydration issues
Somehow the mechanism is just a bit more touchy (?)
Best Regards
Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version