General Category > AN Issues

AN pics--just figured this out!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Joef:

Crazy cat , I'm sure you had a trans-lab like I did (cut was small and behind the ear).

I see the blue marking on the ear... the night before my surgery, the blue marking came off (to mark which side) .. and I was very worried the day of the surgery --- I made them put the marking back! -- I did not want to to operate on the wrong side!

kristin:
hi all..sorry it took me so long to get back to you..

sam. that pic was pre-op...my 8 hour day of pre-op appts the day before surgery. how exhausting.

lainie...i'm not sure on "normal" i still get dizzy sometimes that i know is because they cut the left vestibular nerve. i freak out at line drives in softball...i can't see the ball. but i was back to work and back to running and playing (or trying to play) softball at 6 weeks.

paul..they did save most of my hearing. i had better hearing in my AN ear before surgery and only decreased in the higher frequencies. it's kind of interesting...if it's raining outside i can put my AN side down and not hear the rain. it's just at that certain frequency. headaches...just normal headaches, you know...like when i don't get my coffee in the morning?!

joef...i remember them asking over and over..middle fossa LEFT side? left side? middle fossa? LEFT? i was getting a little annoyed with it all, but you're right...i didn't want them to operate on the wrong side either, so i put up with it.

thanks all!!

kristin

neal r. lyons:
kristin, thanks alot! it doesn"t get more real than that!  that's what makes this such a great website! i'llm be talking with Dr. Brackmann today concerning potential translab surgery in the near future   thanks again, neal

Maria77:
Hi! I have an AN in left side 13x8x9 and i wil her the operaciĆ³n With dr Brackmann With middle fossa approach. I feel lost and wanted some advice. Should I shave all my head or just that part? Will the scar show forever after, it looks long in the photo. Isn't it better to
Choose a retro sigmoid approach so the scar is not that visible?
Any words will help me, thanks to all.

Greece Lover:
The doctors will shave your head (at least they did mine). The hair will grow back. At three months, by scar has almost completely disappeared. You would never notice it. In my opinion, the incision should have NO Bearing on surgical approach!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version