Post-Treatment > Headaches

headaches and brain movement

(1/3) > >>

mema:
Prior to FSR 25 treatments in Nov-Dec 2005 I didn't get headaches.  On day one of radiation I began mild to medium headaches  & are chronic.  Also on day one of radiation I began to get a feeling of movement in my head like a wave or a worm going through my head./ This movement happens on the onset of my falling to sleep.  I get chills in my body and head right before this movement feeling, but not always.  The Drs. think it is positional or neck related.  I have neck problems for 20 yrs and never had headaches or movement in my head.   I also can lie in bed for 2 hrs and watch a movie, but as soon as I begin to fall asleep is when the movement starts.  I had an eeg which was negative.  I am on clonazepam which helps.  My six month MRI looks good, so say the Drs.  I' due this month to get my next MRI which from what I'm reading seems  like a long time in between MRI's.  My AN was small so I don't know if that makes a difference.  Has anyone else had a feeling of movement?  This movement doesn't hurt it just feels weird.

mema

Omaschwannoma:
Hi Mema,

After reading your post it reminded me of what happened, one time, to me during my first year post surgery for AN.  As I lay on my back and just before falling off to sleep I suddenly had the feeling I was being pulled backwards.  The feeling was so strong, much like centrifugal force.  Very disconcerting!  I never have had that again, but I do have the centifugal force feelings while I am awake and moving around.  These cause me to side step, sway, or stumble due to the removal of my balance nerve and also SSD along with nystagmus of the eyes.  Mind you this does not stop me from carrying on with day-to-day activities, although I do not have the stamina I used to have as my balance issues tire me out around late afternoon.  I hope you find some answers here, if not and they continue a call to your doctor or another might be warranted if not just to ease your mind. 

Windsong:
I don't know about a wave feeling exactly but the last few months now, when i fall asleep, i get this weird new sensation of drifting backwards and sinking or pulling or something..... truly strange... and a bit unnerving, so i tend to yank myself back... it happens in a slow mo sort of way....

W.

mema:

Arushi, What is SSD.  Did your Drs ever give explanation of that backward feeling.  Wondering if you slept on stomach or back.  I sleep on stomach when movement happens.

mema,

mema:

Windsong,  I felt releived that I wasn't the only one having something going on in my head.  Did you have surgery or radiation, and when?  Sounds to me like it didn't happen immediately.  What have Drs. say.  I often wonder why It happens at onset of sleep.  My first MRI looked good to the Drs.  I'm due for my next MRI this month and see MD Anderson in June.  I remember a nurse telling me during treatment that probably a nerve got zapped.  That always sounded possible to me.  But Drs. never said that. Will keep you posted after my MRI results.

mema

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version