Author Topic: proton beam Studies  (Read 2588 times)

Mark

proton beam Studies
« on: April 24, 2007, 08:04:35 pm »
A question was asked on the CPSG board about Proton beam vs. GK and CK and Dr. Medbery referenced 3 different studies from Mass general , Loma Linda and Stanford ( I'm starting to wonder if there is a machine Stanford doesn't have  :) ). Generally favorable outcomes reported, although it appeared to me that there was a higher incidence of post treatment complications, particularly in the Mass General report. There are not a lot of studies on Proton beam so I thought this might be useful for those researching that option

http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/default.aspx?f=1&m=12036

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: proton beam Studies
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:28:18 am »
Mark, you rawk! :) Thank you for sharing this with us!

P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ceeceek

Re: proton beam Studies
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:28:04 pm »
Great info..
 I was looking at proton in event my little growth turned out to be a particular type of tumor...lucky for me it wasnt..but great to have the info....relatively new type of treatment here in US..lots of info from China....
Ceeceek
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.