Author Topic: CK Centers and GK Centers  (Read 3998 times)

doogan

CK Centers and GK Centers
« on: March 01, 2007, 12:12:20 pm »
Does anyone know what the best centers are in the states, and second to that in the NY area. I would like to start reaching out to some people for opinions

thanks

macintosh

Re: CK Centers and GK Centers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:45:05 pm »
There will be a lot of different opinions about the "best" centers. If you go into the "Physicians" area of this website and enter <NYC> as a search term, you will see a number of past discussions about doctors and treatment centers in the New York City area.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:42:30 am »
doogan,

For CK centers, try going to www.accuray.com to find centers in the areas of interest to you.

I do know, that for GK, Dr. Noren in Providence RI is one of the tops around....

Hope that helps.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

doogan

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 09:13:07 pm »
Hi there - has anyone been to Winthrop in Long island, Or hartford CT..?

thanks

doogan

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:01:20 pm »
Hi there - has anyone been to Winthrop in Long island, Or hartford CT..?

thanks

Hi again - Can anyone share experiances with either of the two centers listed here. ?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 10:07:11 pm »
Doogan, I know JoeF would be a terrific resource for the CT area (try sending him a PM)... as for New England, I know Noren is tops for GK... I had my CK at Beth Israel in Boston (currently, the only one in New England but I have very reliable sources telling me the Brigham/Woman's has a CK on a purchase requisition).  As for NYC, I know there are threads here noting some in the NYC area. You can try the "Search" option for NYC. 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

doogan

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 07:27:25 pm »
thanks  - Phyl, I have been searching for some specifics on the two mentioned, as they seem to be the only two in the area

thanks