Author Topic: Hearing phones ring?  (Read 17651 times)

pattibobatti

Re: Hearing phones ring?
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2007, 09:26:35 pm »
I feel bad for my next door neighbor who we are very close with.  After a short while I had to ask him to turn down the tv so I could better hear him and turn off the fan for my eye that has problems. Geezzee, I wish I could just walk in......

]
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

mema

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 08:07:28 am »
Anne Marie,                                                                                                                                                                             

No door bells.  What I realized last night while drawing my bath I thought I heard the phone ring as the water was running.  I get clicking alot in my good ear.  Good luck with your FSR.  Where are you getting it done at?  I had mine done at MD Anderson.                             

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Boppie

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 10:52:47 am »
So funny...my neighbor shouted over this morning, "Is your phone working?  Ours has been out since Friday!"  Well I can only supply her with half the information she wants!   ;D  I don't even bother to run for the phone any more, I let the land line answerer take care of calls.  I carry a cell around.

I always think the phone is ringing when I am in the shower.  Before my AN was discovered I was constanly dashing around the house trying to get to the land phone.  I actually thought people were pulling hangups because many times nobody was there, just a dial tone.   ???  I didn't get my own cell until post op.

Boppie

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 10:56:05 am »
Mema,

I bought a wireless plug in door bell that sends the sound from a small antenna box that sits atop the chime and transfers the sound to the back of my house.  The door bell can be heard in any area that the wireless is plugged into.  Works great.