Author Topic: tingling face neck shoulder and arm  (Read 8492 times)

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
tingling face neck shoulder and arm
« on: April 20, 2007, 11:15:23 am »
Hi Everyone
I'm still preop til 5/4, but today and off and on lately the side of my face is tingly and it seems to move down my neck into my shoulder and arm. I'm not having a heart attack my pulse is nice and steady. I think it's AN related any one else had similar symptoms?

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: tingling face neck shoulder and arm
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:43 am »
Hi Kiss:  nope, I never had those symptoms pre-op, I'm no help to ya.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:38:59 pm »
Tingle, tingle and more tingle! Yes! My lips tingled too. Sometimes my outer ear would join in the tingling festivities. All of it was gone the moment I woke up in recovery. Keep us posted on how you're doing! Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:39:47 pm »
p.s. Oh, and my right hand/arm on occasion as well.
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

kss4luck

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 02:14:50 pm »
thank you so much Yvette I was wondering if I was crazy!! ok this too will pass.. :)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:22:48 pm »
kss, it could be a number of things... could be the AN... could be that once we get our diagnosis that we are more "in tune" to our bodies and any little mixed signal it likes to send us... could be anxiety... could be something, could be nothing.  Please keep in mind  that (typically) if your AN is an AN sitting on the hearing nerve and no where in proximity of the facial nerve, more than likely (not always but more than likely) not related to your face tingling... some AN's have an involvement with the facial nerve but if your's is not, then somewhat doubtful it is related....

... but, as we all know.... "individual results may vary".

Hang in there... I have a feeling, as you note, this too shall pass.  hang tough!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

TP

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 02:34:43 pm »
Is you AN on your brainstem? Could it be pressing against your spinal cord? If that is the case that could be causing the sensations you are experiencing. I had pain in my neck, shoulder and right arm. My AN was on my left side. Once it was removed that pain went away.
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 02:41:26 pm »
kss, your AN is 2.1cm?  And TP is correct.. have you been told it's pressing on the brainstem?

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

kss4luck

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 10:54:26 pm »
My MRI was in January and at this point I'm not sure. I seem to remember they said it was just touching my brain stem. I tried to call my Dr today to ask about the symptoms but he's out til Monday. I'm sure they've heard it all and at least you've given me a possible explaination for it. thanks for all the help guys  ;D